If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Kilts, Doublets

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Kilts, Doublets

Genuine Army Issue Kilts. Various sizes. Some excellent as issued some never issued as new. excellent issued $350, new $400 to $450 depending on size. All genuine heavy weight military cloth. Black Watch kilts, a few Argyll and Sutherland. One large size Royal Stewart, new.
    Hard to find, even the current issue Royal Regiment of Scotland kilts are not of as heavy weight cloth.

Also unissued new Archer green Doublets, various sizes. OR with white piping and Officers with gold piping. $275 OR, $295 Officer

Also one Red Robertson, heavy weight cloth, used but as new. $300.

Shipping/postage extra.

Re: Kilts, Doublets

What sizes do you have in the Black watch?... the triky thing with kilts is not always the waist but the drop or length. When kneeling (both knees) with the kilt on the kilt should sit exactly 1 inch above the floor. you can't have them taken up so if they are too long they look as bad as too short. let me know what sizes you have in the BW and i'll send you a measurement of the length i might need .... The kilt also does not buckle at the waist but slightly higher so i need my Menzies kilt to be able to tell you what length i need.

however to those out there .. the military kilts are better quality and heavier .. they are also pleated differently .. to the line rather than the set so they look much better from the back ....

TC

Anything can happen doll. its a long way to Delhi!

As you probably know military kilts typically have a higher rise than (current made) civilian kilts. I personally prefer the higher rise.
    The BW kilts will have three buckles. Two on right one on left.
    you are correct about taking a kilt up. A true kilt (which are a man's garment) does not have a folded up 'hem'. A kilt can sometimes ne adjusted for length from the top, but that is not always a possibility.

It is probably best if you pm me your true waist measurement, your 'seat' measurement and height.

I don't at the moment have a comprehensive size list of all the kilts I have.

About the doublets. As stated they are new unissued, genuine Army. Just about the best there is. BUT they do not come with Regimental buttons or other badging. Just want to make that clear.