If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HF Raiders jacket specs?

Anyone happen to know the specs of the Raiders jacket worn by HF? Sleeve, chest, front, and back. All I know it's a size 40. I'm probably going to get one of the Cooper limited Raiders jackets and want to get the closest size possible since its NOT custom like Nowak. I have a CS Nowak with HF size and wasn't sure if the specs were different than Raiders. I do wear the same size as Ford by the way.

Re: HF Raiders jacket specs?

I seem to remember that Tony Nowak's 000 Raiders was more or less the same size as the CS. It was only a different cut.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Anyone happen to know the specs of the Raiders jacket worn by HF? Sleeve, chest, front, and back. All I know it's a size 40. I'm probably going to get one of the Cooper limited Raiders jackets and want to get the closest size possible since its NOT custom like Nowak. I have a CS Nowak with HF size and wasn't sure if the specs were different than Raiders. I do wear the same size as Ford by the way.
    His chest size is more likely a 42. I usually wear a 40 and his jacket was big on me.
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Grizzled Grave Robber

I thought RC or one of those guys might have the measurements they got from Tony?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

All of the jackets Raiders to Crystal Skull are about the same size.
    Ford's size hasn't changed too much over the years it would seem

Front Flap w/ Collar Stand vertically from top to bottom: 23"
    Shoulder from sleeve seam to collar seam: 6.5 to 7"
    Sleeves from shoulder seam to cuff end : between 25 1/2" to 25 3/4"
    Back vertical length from bottom of Collar Stand to bottom of Lower back panel: 23"
    Chest width: 22 1/2"
    bottom width: 20 1/2"
    Pockets: 8" (includes storm flap) x 6.5"

Back lengths of other movie jackets vary but this is because of fit. they all end in about teh same place.
    Front lengths are quite consistent, the CS is actually slightly shorter in front.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

I really find a back length of 23" hard to believe. That's almost too short even for me.

The ToD was about 26".
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

and yet it is.

See 'theman' photos. His is that length too. It is all in how the jacket hangs.
    The others fit more properly. If someone 'corrects' the pattern of a Raiders jacket i'd suspect the back length would have to be made longer to compensate for the changed 'fit'

Back length of my Ford sized Wested ToD is 25.5".
    Back length of a Ford sized CS is 26 - 26.5"

But junior is asking about the Cooper Raiders jacket. The back length it will be is anyone's guess.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Guys, the back length is the easiest part. Forget what others say. Forget TN jacket that has equal front and back.
    Just look at a screen cap of HF's back, see where the jacket bottom is hanging on his butt, measure your back to butt distance and that's your back length.

I have a wild theory about how TN jacket has equal front and back.
    This theory assumes that TN never had a film used jacket and made the Raiders jacket using specs provided by some experts from another site. But he messed up a little detail. To elaborate, maybe he was told that one of the differences between CS and Rotla jackets was the placement of the yoke seam. The yoke seam was supposed to be placed 2 inches higher than CS. Maybe TN instead of moving the seam only and keeping the back length same as with CS jacket, he moved the back panel piece 2 inches higher. If you notice, the CS and his version of Rotla have the same back panel. It's the shoulders panel that is smaller in his Rotla jacket.
    I am affraid that the film jacket back panel is an entirely different shape. I have some seen photos where people wearing their TN Rotla jackets and their backs are ridiculously short. There is not one scene in the movie where I thought his back was short...

Anyway, that's just a theory of mine, a personal theory and don't expect anyone to accept it. Neither I want to impose it on anyone. Just mentioned it here for the sake of discussion and for further consideration.

platon.....i wholeheartedly disagree with your theory but everyone at this site is entitled to their own opinion and we won't judge anyone for not marching to the drum of the beat that we play.

there is one thing that i can confirm for you though. your theory states that tony just tweaked an existing pattern to get to raiders. i have both the cs and a number of raiders jackets....they are both hugely different in pattern and fit. sometimes it's awkward to wear TN's raiders jacket because of the fit. tony copied something that was designed to fit quite poorly. that is something that is outside of his nature but gave the fans what they wanted. putting on a CS jacket after wearing the raiders pattern feels like finally switching back to something that is correct.....like finally using your own hockey stick again after borrowing your buddies spare.....totally different animals.

another thing, and most importantly, big tony never went out to sell his wares to the fans. he never marketed it or pushed existing clients to "tell your friends". he was happy with whatever came through the door without his solicitation. he would of never fabricated anything just to make a sale....it wasn't in his nature.
    currently on day 9 of my "20 days in the cooler".

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

The other thing is the "short back" does create the kind of dynamic back-to front sweep of the bottom hem. Speaking from my own experience, I did captures from Raiders in different key poses where the jacket was tight in back so I could replicate the pose with my own existing jacket. I then measured where it would have to come to to nail the same spot. I did this from at least half a dozen angles multiple times (zipped and unzipped) and with multiple shots, and they all tallied within about a quarter of an inch of each-other. And they all meant front and back were equal length.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast