If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

The Left Collar Stand of the Raiders Jacket

I'm playing with some Hero Jacket spec. ideas and using overlays to double-check them.

So, factors - height of collar stand, width of storm flap facing, height of zipper gap, amount of offset between facing-lining edge and collar flap, radius of collar stand curve.

Thoughts?

"Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Re: The Left Collar Stand of the Raiders Jacket

I'm not sure about the shape of the tip of that collar stand.

In this pic, it seems to be rounded, maybe a more noticeable gap between the stormflap and the collar base:

But in this one, it's not so clear to me, and may be like the one you've drawn above, or the rounded one...not sure...

You know... I'm just AMAZED at your guys' ability to not only find these movie stills, but be able to work them by putting graphs, measurements, etc. onto the picture to convey your meaning. I've tried to do this, but honestly am not gifted or knowledgeable enough to do it. What do you guys use to get the screen grabs? How about the red lines, dashes, writing, etc on them?

I know, off topic, but I've always been curious to know how you do that as I'd definitely be interested in doing the same but am just not that intelligent enough to figure out your "tricks" myself. So I thought I'd ask.

Thanks everyone and keep up the great work!

DSS

Well, I guess Gunslinger is some kind of pro in that area, cause his work (specially with the hats) is amazing.

I just play the movies on the computer and press the "Print screen" button.
    Then paste the capture on a blank document.
    As I've never learned to use Photoshop, I use a program that I got when I bought the scanner (Micrograph Picture Publisher), which is some kind of Photoshop for dumbs, I guess, cause I undertand it... And then it's easy to work with the lines.
    I guess Paint can be used, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Steele
    Well, I guess Gunslinger is some kind of pro in that area, cause his work (specially with the hats) is amazing.

I just play the movies on the computer and press the "Print screen" button.
    Then paste the capture on a blank document.
    As I've never learned to use Photoshop, I use a program that I got when I bought the scanner (Micrograph Picture Publisher), which is some kind of Photoshop for dumbs, I guess, cause I undertand it... And then it's easy to work with the lines.
    I guess Paint can be used, too...
    Thanks so much Harry Steele for your response! Indeed, I have to concur of Gunslinger's professionalism in these areas and his hats are (were?) top notch. I know have my curiosity mostly satisfied. Thanks so much once again for taking the time to write this response. I appreciate it!

DSS

No need to thank!

And though this is off topic, as long as I know Gunslinger keeps making hats, so they still are top notch. And all the work he made to get the knowlodege to make the right blocks is amazing, too. (and one of the most proffesional works I've seen in this area)...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Steele
    No need to thank!

And though this is off topic, as long as I know Gunslinger keeps making hats, so they still are top notch. And all the work he made to get the knowlodege to make the right blocks is amazing, too. (and one of the most proffesional works I've seen in this area)...
    Couldn't agree with you more! Although I've never held one of his in my hands personally, the pictures I've seen of his work definitely are worth a thousand wonderful words. The reason I put the "were?" in there is because I've read that he's mostly retired from making them, with the possibility of a hat here and there. So that's what I meant in that regard (not that his work is no longer top notch - quite the contrary).

DSS

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Yeah Harry, DSS is right - I'm taking an indefinite break from the hats. Check out the thread in my vendor section.

Thanks for the praise DSS - I edit my captures with photoshop - it's not hard to turn and blow up images, draw, etc.

Harry - the 2 jackets you show are one and the same as the one I show it's the hero. The Hawaii / Imams has a much sharper point to the stand.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Here's what I have for you Gunslinger:

Let's look at the other side:

pointed:

rounded:

The Main Hero Jacket across various scenes in multiple positions:

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

But what I want to know, Gunslinger, is if you're going to include the infamous "buttcrack" indentation in the collar?
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast