If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: My Indy Gear!

My Indy Gear!

HI there!

I have wanted to post pics of my gear here for a little while and since I mostly dressed up in my gear today I thought I would take the opportunity to take some pics and then post them. Now I usually wear my gear when I go camping or go shooting in the desert here in Idaho. For the camping part I figure 'who cares?' MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT! I DON'T CARE! I am here to have fun so leave me alone, is my general attitude.

Hat: Doorman Pacific, Large, Bashed with the pinched front. It's a bit small for my head so I think I might replace it with an Akubra Fed IV in the correct size.
    Shirt, Boots, Bag: Todd's Costumes. The boots I had re-soled last year with Vibrams so they should last me a good stretch of time longer. The bag carries binoculars, first aid kit, swiss army knife and lighter. Essential stuff for camping in my view and extra mags for my 1911.
    Pants: regular Khaki's from Wal-Mart; I had some chinos from LL Bean for many years but they got thrashed to the point where they can be worn but they are in super rough shape. I am thinking of getting some Cabela's chinos in Dark Taupe, a good color in my opinion and a good price. They lack the pocket flaps but at half the cost of the Chino's I can live without the flaps.
    Jackets: Wested custom Raiders in Horsehide, had it for 5 years I think. I baby it but it does have some normal wear and tear on it. I have a second Wested that is the Cotton Raiders that I got 6 years ago I believe. It's got a good look to it. The color has faded a bit and the lining needs to be replaced, it was a bit billowy when I first got it.
    Gunbelt: Vintage buckle on modern GI pistol belt with Vietnam era 1911 holster. I carry a 1911 with me as I camp.
    I go for the look that Jim Steranko concepted when he developed the look for Indy in Raiders.

I think that covers it. I have had this gear for 5+ years now and it has served me well.

Stupid question: I know I have posted pics on here before, but I can't seem to post pics of my gear on here, it keeps asking for a link.
    Last edited by Horsehide Pariah; 06-20-2016 at 03:12 AM.

Re: My Indy Gear!

Regarding posting image, you'll need to host the image on a site like Photobucket, then use the subsequent URL of the pic when you click the "Insert Image" button here.

I figured that last night when I was trying to fall asleep last night. I remember being able to upload images without doing that, but oh well.

Here's the link:
    http://imgur.com/a/wex9g
    Last edited by Horsehide Pariah; 06-20-2016 at 11:09 PM.

The gear looks great! I also have a cotton Wested jacket, but mine is fraying pretty badly at the sleeves- I've had it for about 12 years, I think.

I like the 1911- it's a refreshing touch since most of us have revolvers, real or replicas.

I also know you didn't list a whip, but for some reason I kept looking for one in your pics. (that's just me, so ignore that)

Oh, and you can't go wrong with an Akubra Fed as a replacement hat- I've had one that's held up for about 14 years now!

I had a whip a few years ago, I was going through a rough patch and I sold it in a garage sale. I'm surprised that was the only piece of my gear I sold off. It was a 12 ft whip I got off a eBay. (A jrzjoe).

I used to have an Enfield mk.2 revolver, but the ammo was hard to come by. 38 s&w is an obsolete caliber. I went with a 1911 mainly for stopping power if I ever needed it. Haven't yet and I am glad for that. And it matches the look of the Jim Steranko artwork. In the paintings he did for Spielberg and Lucas Indy carries a 1911.