If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Wested heavy duty pre-distressed lambskin

I've got two wested Doom jackets, identical measurements, but one fits better and a little more snug than the other for some reason. The better fitting one does everything the film jackets do, slopes off the shoulder, hangs lower at the front or back depending on where the jacket is sitting on your shoulders. Collar hangs off the back if you want. When zipped up it pulls the shoulder seams higher etc. The pleats just seem to be better. The other jacket is ok, but just not got the 'it' factor, despite identical measurement. Odd.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Yes. I've always found it odd too. I wonder if anyone doesn't have that experience. Problably that's more likely to happen with handmade vs machine.

I'm convinced that finding the perfect leather jacket is like a lightning strike. Every now and again, everything comes together ... cut, hide, the right pieces used in the right panels, just right measurements, it's more art than science. Even though they're both 44s, often a stiffer panel here or a slightly bunched leather there that relaxes along the way can make all the difference. I honestly am not a pre-distressed fan, but thought I'd try something new and it turned out to be perfect right out of the bag. As I said, I'd be the first to say it's not the color from the movies, but I've bonded with it and really enjoy wearing it.
    Last edited by Tibor; 06-05-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    I'm convinced that finding the perfect leather jacket is like a lightning strike. Every now and again, everything comes together ... cut, hide, the right pieces used in the right panels, just right measurements, it's more art than science. Even though they're both 44s, often a stiffer panel here or a slightly bunched leather there that relaxes along the way can make all the difference. I honestly am not a pre-distressed fan, but thought I'd try something new and it turned out to be perfect right out of the bag. As I said, I'd be the first to say it's not the color from the movies, but I've bonded with it and really enjoy wearing it.
    And that's the main thing. I've been guilty in the past of getting caught up in the SA trap. While I still like to try to get the details right, I'm much more about getting a jacket that I like and want to wear. For instance, I like a little longer jacket than what is SA. So I'd get SA length jackets and not want to wear them because they didn't "feel" right.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Same here on the jacket length. I don't want the jacket ending on my belt and always try to get them longer. Not SA but I like the fit better. Also order the Wested jackets a size larger than normal as well to not be very form fitting. They are not baggy but again just how I like outerwear to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post

Hero with early Kelso
    Is it noticibly thicker in feel compared to the Shrunken lamb kelso?

I like it, as you say not a screen accurate look, but could still be worn with with the gear and people will know it's Indiana Jones. I wear the jackets myself with normal clothes most days so screen accuracy isn't always my priority and I can't keep ordering jackets that are all the same colour or Leather finish! I want to get a jacket with a pre-distressed look, either the ToD (modified if I do) or Hero Raiders. Maybe the Hero LC if wested release it soon, as they say the pattern is ready to go.
    Last edited by xmasters; 06-06-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    The search for the jacket is the search for the divine, in all of us.

I'd say just slightly thicker than the Kelso. A different feel for sure but I like them both.

I had to do a double take when I saw that the thread had been moved...

It's been good to see everyones input. Especially with the Temple of Doom jacket idea that has been floating around and putting the Raiders pockets on the jacket, I never thought of that for some reason. But from what I have seen over in the Omar's Garage thread, it looks pretty good. SO I am either going to go for a ToD with Raiders Pockets or simply the Raiders with no facings, etc. Leather I am still on the fence on, but I will have to figure that one out when the time comes. In my mind right now it's down to Lambskin, Shrunken Lambskin or Goat. Mainly because I am wanting a light jacket. Being screen accurate would be nice but sounds like an impossibility, I just want somethings to fit the bill.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Sorry about that. I moved it to the wrong section. The Jacket Section is for the jackets we see on film and related discussion. Gear Section for showing off what you own. In re-reading your first post I see it is a Wested jacket question. Should be in the right place now.

It's really nice to see the HD Distressed Lamb Skin on an Indy jacket, I've got aa bespoke jacket loosely based on the LC on order in that skin, can't really tell what it's going to look like when Peter just shows you a a role of leather.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123