If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Wested heavy duty pre-distressed lambskin

Excellent. Thanks for posting the pictures. I like it, a good looking jacket. What's the chest size, sleeve and back length on that?

Quote Originally Posted by xmasters View Post
    Excellent. Thanks for posting the pictures. I like it, a good looking jacket. What's the chest size, sleeve and back length on that?
    It's a size 44 with 24" back and 25.5" sleeve.

couple outdoor pics before it rains harder...

Hero - heavy pre-distressed lamb (with Fed IV and Strain 8')

Hero with early Kelso

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

I suspect in order to get the fit, shape, cut of the ROTLA film jacket from Wested it would be infinitely easier to take the TOD jacket pattern and tweak it to the visual changes of ROTLA than to try and modify their hero pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    It's a size 44 with 24" back and 25.5" sleeve.
    Great thanks.
    Last edited by xmasters; 06-04-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    I suspect in order to get the fit, shape, cut of the ROTLA film jacket from Wested it would be infinitely easier to take the TOD jacket pattern and tweak it to the visual changes of ROTLA than to try and modify their hero pattern.
    Maybe, but a hard path to take. Nobody (except maybe Steele & Jones) makes a small enough yoke and this trend to make the shoulders way too wide to achieve a droop is maddening. The screen jacket only drooped at the shoulders because the neck hole was broad and when unzipped, would allow the sloulder seams to move down the shoulder a bit. But when zipped up, they were pretty close to tailored.

I didn't realize their Hero pattern had the bottom of the yoke seam and arm seam aligned. Why is that I wonder? Or maybe it's just the way the picture makes it look.

Quote Originally Posted by The Character View Post
    I've got the Hero in the standard Dark Brown Lambskin and i love it .. the Jackets been distressed by hand which gives it a more realistic look .. the leather is very hard wearing .. I have to say its a weird one to get used to .. it feels initially like its at least a size too big but its the first jacket i've had that flows, drapes and hangs as it does onscreen. Its incredibly comfortable to wear .. the only extra things i asked for we
    re:

1.5 inch Storm flap
    1 inch side vents
    1.5 extra on the sleeves (i'd go with 1' .. given the hang off the shoulder

Its absolutely spot on .. i can't fault it ... this is the best Indy jacket i've ever had bar none .. to the point where i'm gonna order a second one with TOD tweeks when i get a chance in the same skin .. the taper on the arms is beautiful.

TC

Last edited by neutronbomb; 06-04-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Which is why I think modifying the TOD is the way to go. Everything you described is a problem with the Hero pattern. Can't be that hard to make the TOD's yoke smaller can it. Make yoke smaller/shorter length wise. Meaning vertically as it goes up and down the back. Not horizontally as it goes back and forth across the shoulders. Make back panel larger/longer length. The jacket would then fit and look like a raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    Maybe, but a hard path to take. Nobody (except maybe Steele & Jones) makes a small enough yoke and this trend to make the shoulders way too wide to achieve a droop is maddening. The screen jacket only drooped at the shoulders because the neck hole was broad and when unzipped, would allow the sloulder seams to move down the shoulder a bit. But when zipped up, they were pretty close to tailored.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 06-05-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    I didn't realize their Hero pattern had the bottom of the yoke seam and arm seam aligned. Why is that I wonder? Or maybe it's just the way the picture makes it look.
    Might be the pic...my seams are about an inch and a half apart.

Ya know, I asked about a smaller yoke, but they didn't want to go there as there would be a lot of panel adjustments and they doubted the jacket would fit well. I took that as advice in my best interests and didn't push any further.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast