If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Deluxe Indiana Jones Temple of Doom jacket by Wested

One member has informed me that they are unable to view the pics that I am posting. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have no Issues in this regard. I see clearly and like what I see

Indymassilia, can you help with the translation. Do they give the type of leather? This is on the ebay site you gave in your thread: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/BLUVAC02-BLOU...item3388d5cc66

It's a for a sale of a leather jacket,cowhide leather,3/4 means it's a long back length jacket ,they wrote "style Indy",but i think it's just for publicity/ebay marketing..
    Occitanna leather don't make leather skins,they are not a tannery,but they bought from french best tannery some stock time to time..
    Hope it helps ..

They have a beautiful cowhide plonge brown chocolate color too enough big to make one Indy 44-46 jacket,but maybe the skin is a little to thick : 1,2mm-1,4mm.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/V211P-PEAU-CU...item33816d0d2e
    Last edited by indymassilia; 01-25-2016 at 11:09 AM.

This is also PLONGE, with more grain.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/A601P-PEAU-CU...3D221214739758

Maybe a Plonge Merino Diego?

I have already order this batch of leather Diego talking,but have to return to them, too much tickness,less drape,it remember me the Wested "crispe lambskin"...a very nice batch but not to fit a Indy jacket and the brown was too much a brown reddish hue.

NB, yes I think merino plonge can have the correct amount of grain.

We must remember that "plonge" is just a tan method.
    Can be done on different skins, and with small recipe variations, that results in different leather finish.-

Yes of course Diego. Sorry for the confusion. I was commenting on what the skin looked like that you found, that Indymassilia commented on, thinking it looks very much like merino and with it being french plonge it may work for an indy jacket with all the merino rib marks to work with. However, Indymassilia says it's too thick with the wrong color.

Here's a jacket with crispe (shrunken) french plonge lamb:

I think the raiders film jacket leather was very similar to the french plonge non-merino lambskin Indymassilia sourced for his jacket project that I've been doing the compares on. However, in vendors' cases such as yours where you want to be sure to duplicate the chest striations on the ROTLA Main Hero, it may make sense to go with merino to be sure you get the striation marks.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 01-26-2016 at 06:16 PM.

I contacted them and they said the jacket in hand is like soft, plonge lambskin, but it came with information saying it was vachette. So that's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by indymassilia View Post
    It's a for a sale of a leather jacket,cowhide leather,3/4 means it's a long back length jacket ,they wrote "style Indy",but i think it's just for publicity/ebay marketing..
    Occitanna leather don't make leather skins,they are not a tannery,but they bought from french best tannery some stock time to time..
    Hope it helps ..

They have a beautiful cowhide plonge brown chocolate color too enough big to make one Indy 44-46 jacket,but maybe the skin is a little to thick : 1,2mm-1,4mm.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/V211P-PEAU-CU...item33816d0d2e
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 01-26-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast