If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

The Stones of Lost Time - Part 1

Here is Part One of 'The Stones of Lost Time'. Our member created 'The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones' comic. Again, a huge thank you to Weston and Crismans for sharing this with us. I'm posting this up here as I want to make it available to our members to read and enjoy. And this is a good place to allow for convenient discussion.

What I want is to get this published as an article on our site/forum. It would be our first one and be really cool. But I'm having difficulty figuring out the software. I will get it figured out, but until then..let me introduce, "The Stones of Lost Time":

Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-28-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Re: The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones

I'd be nitpicking if I said I wish it were in color.

That really looks spectacular, though! The angles and artwork are just as good as Marvel's first year Indy comics. (and I dare say surpasses much of Marvel's third (and final) year of The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones.)

The comic (screw it, let's call it a graphic novel) really captures the spirit and energy of what I expect from an Indiana Jones adventure.

Looking forward to part 2!

REALLY GREAT!!!

Thanks guys, amazing work!
    Looking foward to part 2.

Great work, guys, artwork and story both! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Re: The Stones of Lost Time - Part 1

Fantastic job... But if it's not too late, last page top panel should read: "That's where my father disappeared" (not "were").

I want to print it and color it myself! Really great work

Awesome! What a fun read, can't wait for more!

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    Fantastic job... But if it's not too late, last page top panel should read: "That's where my father disappeared" (not "were").

I want to print it and color it myself! Really great work
    Oops! Thanks for catching that. I've already fixed it and will post the corrected page.

I'm glad you guys like it! I've really enjoyed working on this. My aim is to have an eight to ten page episode ready to post every month now that it's rolling along. Crisman and I decided to go with B&W for a couple reasons. First, it was already taking much longer to get the first one done than we wanted, and second, we both love B&W comics. Color is still an option, maybe after the story is complete I'll color the whole thing.
    This was first conceived as a comic strip along the lines of 'Prince Valiant'. After some discussion with Crisman, we decided to go this direction and emulate Marvel's 'The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones'.

My daughter modeled the character of Juanita; It was fun seeing here sitting on top of the washing machine with a rifle on her shoulder!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Thanks for all the kind words! One of the best things about writing for comics is getting the actual pages that you've only "seen" before in your mind. It's even more gratifying when the artwork is being knocked out of the park! I've been really working to come up with some wild things for Weston to draw and keep with the spirit of the characters.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Waiting to get an X-ray on my foot. Sometime later today I should be able to access my computer and change out page 10. Weston has already sent it to me. I just need to do the 10min process of downloading to the computer, uploading to photobucket, then replacing the image code in the post. Sorry it's taking most of today to get this done.

This is just great work guys!! Really really well done

I like the idea of coloring these pages ourselves....would be sort of cool to see some of the friend's color renderings in comparison!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast