If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indy Bag Options?

Hi all,

My trusty bag has given its all and need a replacement to carry my essentials (ipod, book, sandwiches etc).

I was just going to order a Wested for convenience and was scouting the forum for review/information. Never found one but did read about original mark vii's rotting due to their age (which Wested are).

Anyone have recommendations or warnings of where to go or avoid?

Thanks.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

Re: Indy Bag Options?

Wested's current supply are originals, unissued and in excellent condition. You really can't go wrong with those. When originals run out... then I might look at the repros.
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

That sounds like the way to go. I've also heard good things about Magnoli's for repros. All the ones I've gotten from what price glory have had rot problems where the O rings attach. I got some from Todds that were excellent. I don't know if he has any left. Probably sold out by now.

Thanks guys.

Appreciate the replies and the information. Wested it is.

Cheers.

I've got a NOS one id sell you. Comes with a Raiders strap.

Thanks DSS. Really appreciate the offer but unfortunately I've already ordered a Wested. Easier for UK delivery.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    That sounds like the way to go. I've also heard good things about Magnoli's for repros. All the ones I've gotten from what price glory have had rot problems where the O rings attach. I got some from Todds that were excellent. I don't know if he has any left. Probably sold out by now.
    Magnoli's is wonderful, and the only one I currently use. They updated it, and it's color and design to me is spot on. I had a great original in great condition, and the fabric that held the O rings did in fact, rot, or came apart, and it looked like it appeared new. It was a long walk back to the car when it fell apart on a hike, and I had to carry my bag. Both sides eventually failed. If I did an Indy costume, I can see using a real one, as long as there is nothing in the bag to give it weight to possibly fail. If not, Magnoli's is tops for me. If you do decide to buy a repo, Magnoli is what I'd recommend.

Thanks for the update HJJ. I'll probably go with a Magnoli if anything happens to new bag.

I just received an original Mk VII bag gift (middle bag) from Wested as they slightly got my last order wrong by inserting satin sleeves and not cotton sleeves in my Hero Jacket.
    Below are the 3 bags I have have, from left to right: Original bought in New Zealand in 1999, Original from Wested (M&CO, Replica from Magnoli. (Note: I replaced the snaps on the Magnoli Bag)

The Wested Original is slightly more olive in colour but very close indeed to the Magnoli.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Brave Starr; 03-29-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Correction, the Magnoli to my eye looks more Olive-toned and the Wested Original slightly more mustard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast