If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: The Imam Jacket (2 of 3 jackets used in ROTLA)

Glad we’re on the same page now, NB.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: The Imam Jacket

Thank you for your help

Might be another 1 or 2. The bullet hole jacket and the promo. Still looking...

So....which jacket do you think TN had in hands

No idea. Most say it was the Hawaii jacket, however to my knowledge Tony never said specifically. He mentioned in a post to check out a time place in the film to observe the leather which is the Hawaii scene. People read that as Tony saying it was the Hawaii jacket.

In any case, I believe that it's been shown pretty effectively in order to get Specific texture visual matches both Ribby Merino and shrunken lamb are good choices. One jacket I had from Todd's that was and now is again Crismans jacket was very, very good. Understated Ribby and shrunken lamb blend.

On really close examination of what I can see on screen with all the jackets, there seems to be universal properties of merino that I just don't see anywhere at all. But if you just have to have a form of rib marks on the right chest panel in the proper place like the main hero, then Ribby will certainly do that.

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    No idea. Most say it was the Hawaii jacket, however to my knowledge Tony never said specifically. He mentioned in a post to check out a time place in the film to observe the leather which is the Hawaii scene. People read that as Tony saying it was the Hawaii jacket.

In any case, I believe that it's been shown pretty effectively in order to get Specific texture visual matches both Ribby Merino and shrunken lamb are good choices. One jacket I had from Todd's that was and now is again Crismans jacket was very, very good. Understated Ribby and shrunken lamb blend.

On really close examination of what I can see on screen with all the jackets, there seems to be universal properties of merino that I just don't see anywhere at all. But if you just have to have a form of rib marks on the right chest panel in the proper place like the main hero, then Ribby will certainly do that.
    I think I got it.
    The jacket Tony Nowak examined, and replicate was the IMAM scene.
    Tony said he copied stitch by stitch the screen-used jacket.

The TN Raiders jackets have the same collar stand configuration as in the IMAM's jacket.-

Thank you for your help

Might be another 1 or 2. The bullet hole jacket and the promo. Still looking...
    I am thoroughly convinced that the Imam jacket and the promo jacket are the same based on this thread http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threa...-the-main-hero. There's no doubt in my mind!

yeah but..this bothers me bad if we propose the Imam jacket is the promo jacket.

And if we consider the promo jacket is the Hawaii jacket, then it does have the top stitch on the collar stand KT and Mac were talking about the Hawaii missing and also that the right side collar stand that looks like it's one piece as part of the collar (which they can't both be incidentally) is also invalid. I guess the image, angle, and image quality may be poor enough on the Hawaii to give the illusion that it's missing the top stitch on the collar stand or that the collar stand and collar are one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kt Templar View Post
    Mac the hawaii seems to not have a topstich... ie the collar is 2 pieces sewn together but minus the topstitch to finish interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I’m intrigued by the zipper and collar evidence you gentlemen have offered up, but I do disagree with one assertion. I’m reasonably certain that the Hawaii/temple jacket is not the Imam jacket.

There is a straight and unbroken seam along the top of the Imam jacket collar stand, while it’s evident the Hawaii jacket’s collar attachment to the collar stand is somewhat crooked.

Here is a comparison of the Imam collar with two different hi-res close-ups of the Hawaii collar:

Although the angles are somewhat different, it’s clear that the details of the collar to stand interface are dissimilar. The end of the collar stand on the Hawaii does not extend straight outward as on the Imam, and the collar seems noticeably bulky at the collar stand attachment, unlike the Imam.

The Hawaii close-ups are from larger versions of these two shots; they were not upscaled for the comparison, but were cropped from higher native resolution versions:

Here is a different close-up shot of the Hawaii jacket collar:

And the Imam collar:

Also, Does this look like a one piece collar stand like The Prototype/TOD:

Last edited by neutronbomb; 02-11-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Okay, I've been doing a lot of reading this morning (and looking at enough screen grabs to make my eyes blur ), so I'm pretty dense right now, I admit. So, NB, do you care to clarify what is bugging you in your post above? To me, the jacket on the magazine cover (Rolling Stone, I think?) and the Hawaii jacket are two different jackets. The collar stand construction appears to be very different. Yes, I understand that lighting, filters, etc., can alter the image somewhat, but it seems pretty clear that the construction isn't the same (nice catch KT and Mac, by the way).

And just to clarify, the consensus is that the Hawaii jacket is the Raiders prototype that was also used in ToD? The collar stand construction appears to be very similar to what we saw in ToD.

Sorry if I'm confusing the issue in my quest for understanding!!
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Just to clarify. The photo I posted with the magazine cover compare is with the Imam jacket, not the Hawaii. I fixed the compare to identify the jacket as the Imam Jacket and updated the wording in the post to clarify. I was pointing out that the magazine cover promo photo has the zipper end placement right at the collar stand while the Imam's is further down from the collar stand so it makes it difficult to resolve in order to say the magazine cover jacket is the Imam Jacket. That's what bothers me about it.

Even though the Hawaii jacket matches very well with the Imam jacket in many ways, it does appear from the zipper end placement at the collar stand that they can't be the same jacket. So maybe the Hawaii jacket is the magazine jacket. But if the collar stand construction is different, then that's also a no go. Maybe there's some optical illusion, bad angle going on, or something that just makes it appear the construction is different. We'll have to examine different screen grabs from the film to see if that can give more insight.

I don't know what the consensus is, but IMO the hawaii jacket is not the prototype jacket because of the bi-swing, yoke size amongst other differences. The prototype is what I think was used in TOD.

Quote Originally Posted by crismans View Post
    Okay, I've been doing a lot of reading this morning (and looking at enough screen grabs to make my eyes blur ), so I'm pretty dense right now, I admit. So, NB, do you care to clarify what is bugging you in your post above? To me, the jacket on the magazine cover (Rolling Stone, I think?) and the Hawaii jacket are two different jackets. The collar stand construction appears to be very different. Yes, I understand that lighting, filters, etc., can alter the image somewhat, but it seems pretty clear that the construction isn't the same (nice catch KT and Mac, by the way).

And just to clarify, the consensus is that the Hawaii jacket is the Raiders prototype that was also used in ToD? The collar stand construction appears to be very similar to what we saw in ToD.

Sorry if I'm confusing the issue in my quest for understanding!!
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 02-11-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Got you! I told you I was feeling dense because I should have realized you weren't saying the Hawaiian jacket was the prototype because of the larger yoke panel, which I don't believe the Hawaiian jacket has. I need to read back through because I seem to remember that there was some discussion that there might have been a jacket used primarily for photo ops. Is this the case? If so, it would seem the jacket on the Rolling Stone cover would most likely be that jacket.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast