If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

X-rated c-3po 1978 trading card / story

I actually got this card in 1978 randomly when I bought the cards. I remember at 10 years old that something didn't look right on the card. However, my child's brain thought that it was some kind of bolt sticking out of his hip. Didn't get it till years later. I still have the card, and it's "corrected" card. Although somewhat rare, they still can be found and bought. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the picture, and the story (Although officially, I'm not quite sure I believe it, as I still have some doubts on the "official" explaination).

Weird.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/c3po.asp
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 08-04-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Re: X-rated c-3po 1978 trading card / story

Man, I wish I hadn't tossed all of my Star Wars trading cards when I moved into my own place. I would have liked to have seen which version I had in my collection. As for the official explanation, the odds of a piece of the costume falling off and being in that precise location just as the camera snapped seem like they'd be pretty high -- possibly 3,720 to one! But what piece of 3PO would that "rod" be? I can't think of anything on him that would match what that thing is. Hm...

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Re: X-rated c-3po 1978 trading card / story

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    Man, I wish I hadn't tossed all of my Star Wars trading cards when I moved into my own place. I would have liked to have seen which version I had in my collection. As for the official explanation, the odds of a piece of the costume falling off and being in that precise location just as the camera snapped seem like they'd be pretty high -- possibly 3,720 to one! But what piece of 3PO would that "rod" be? I can't think of anything on him that would match what that thing is. Hm...
    That is EXACTLY the reasons I don't really believe the "official" story. On ebay, the asking price on the card ranges from $14.99- $500.00! Quite a range. One has a $60.00 bid on it.

So, you think the odds of something falling off of 3po at the exact moment, in the exact place while nothing remotely looks like that on him from the waist up is aproximately 3,720 to one? .....Never tell me the odds.