If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Deleted / cut scenes : Return of the jedi

DELETED BUNKER SCENE VIDEO

Re: Deleted / cut scenes : Return of the jedi

RESTORED MUSIC. This scene was mostly without music in the film. This is the actual music JOHN WILLIAMS wrote for the scene. It can also be listened to on the ROTJ special edition cd. Here is a video of it fully restored with all the music for the scene as it was originally intended.

THE EMPEROR ORDERS ENDOR DESTROYED DELETED SCENE.

SANDSTORM DELETED SCENE

SANDSTORM EXTRA SCENES & STILLS

LUKE SKYWALKER INTO IN CAVE WITH HIS NEW LIGHTSABER

I really like the deleted bunker scenes. They show Han's harder edge, which we sadly don't get to see much of in Jedi. Also, it shows that the Rebel team members actually have personalities too and aren't just background decoration. And Han's reaction to the Imperial's "You rebel scum" line is absolutely hilarious. One negative to these clips is the almost comical way the fallen stormtroopers seem to be piled up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    I really like the deleted bunker scenes. They show Han's harder edge, which we sadly don't get to see much of in Jedi. Also, it shows that the Rebel team members actually have personalities too and aren't just background decoration. And Han's reaction to the Imperial's "You rebel scum" line is absolutely hilarious. One negative to these clips is the almost comical way the fallen stormtroopers seem to be piled up like that.

To me, Harrison was not being HAN SOLO in ROTJ, but rather, ...harrison ford himself. He's likeable, and his humor was funny in the film, but it's not really the way I think Han Solo from episodes 1 or 2 would have acted. Still gotta love the film. Yeah, I noticed they cut out solo questioning "scum", and was taken out of the picture, as well as the stormtroopers piled up on the floor. Most often than not, it was the right choice to edit these out of the film. However, it's sure great to what almost was, or extras that show off something new! Glad you like the Star Wars clips so far. Thanks for the feedback.

It's interesting what you said there, HJJ. I too have always felt that in ROTJ I see Harrison Ford playing Han Solo, rather than the character. I don't know if it's because he'd become more popular since ESB (with Raiders & Blade Runner) or he was "phoning it in" because he really wanted to die in ESB. Whatever the case, I still like Han in ROTJ, but I just see more of Ford on the screen rather than Han, which was not the case in SW & ROTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    It's interesting what you said there, HJJ. I too have always felt that in ROTJ I see Harrison Ford playing Han Solo, rather than the character. I don't know if it's because he'd become more popular since ESB (with Raiders & Blade Runner) or he was "phoning it in" because he really wanted to die in ESB. Whatever the case, I still like Han in ROTJ, but I just see more of Ford on the screen rather than Han, which was not the case in SW & ROTJ.
    When Harrison was in ROTLA and STAR WARS / EMPIRE, he was a character. In Jedi, he was harrison Ford. It's hard not to like him, but he really wan't in character. Too much joking around. Solo is not that way, he's cynical. Glad you and I agree.

I noticed that the original scene in ROTJ, han is getting ready to fire a pistol at one of the Sarlac arms that had Lando pulling him in. Lando yells, "I thought you were blind!" Han replies, "trust me I can see a lot better". Well, Lucas for whatever reason, took out the "trust me" in the special editions. I LOVED harrison saying that line. It was right after he said it in the film ROTLA. I thought this was going to be his signature line, like when Arnold schwarzenegger says, "I'LL BE BACK" in many of his films. Guess not.

I love that bunker scene too, that's the first time I think I've seen it! I didn't really like Han's reaction to the "Rebel scum" line though

I like them with the music restored from the Special Edition cd's. I remember buying them in the late 90's and listening to them wondering what some of those cut scenes looked like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast