If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Star Wars/Indy Easter Eggs

I don't think this has been posted before (I apologize if it has)

http://gizmodo.com/the-hidden-easter...ium=socialflow

Some of these are well-known, but there's a few that threw me off. Harrison Ford sports a bullwhip on his belt in Empire Strikes Back? I'm going to have to check that one out. If I can, I'll try to get some kind of screengrab.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Re: Star Wars/Indy Easter Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by KidHuevos View Post
    I don't think this has been posted before (I apologize if it has)

http://gizmodo.com/the-hidden-easter...ium=socialflow

Some of these are well-known, but there's a few that threw me off. Harrison Ford sports a bullwhip on his belt in Empire Strikes Back? I'm going to have to check that one out. If I can, I'll try to get some kind of screengrab.
    I think this one is bogus. Harrison wasn't even considered for the part till the last minute. They wanted him, but he wasn't in the running for the part when TESB was filmed, and he certainly wouldn't have a bullwhip. For the others, most are true, but I can't confirm the prequel stuff.

Actually, R2-D2 found his way into a STAR TREK movie. That's right! STAR TREK. He can be seen in this screen shot from STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS.

http://io9.com/r2-d2-spotted-in-star...ess-1273196593

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY JONES JR. View Post
    I think this one is bogus. Harrison wasn't even considered for the part till the last minute. They wanted him, but he wasn't in the running for the part when TESB was filmed, and he certainly wouldn't have a bullwhip. For the others, most are true, but I can't confirm the prequel stuff.
    I believe you're right. I watched the first 20 mins or so, and didn't see anything even remotely close to a whip hanging on his belt. Not even anything rope-like. The lack of pictures in the article should also be a red flag.

I would confirm the Phantom Menace Easter eggs, but somebody's borrowing my DVD and I told them, "no hurry to return it."

Quote Originally Posted by KidHuevos View Post
    I believe you're right. I watched the first 20 mins or so, and didn't see anything even remotely close to a whip hanging on his belt. Not even anything rope-like. The lack of pictures in the article should also be a red flag.

I would confirm the Phantom Menace Easter eggs, but somebody's borrowing my DVD and I told them, "no hurry to return it."
    I know about the R2 and 3PO hieroglyphs in the well of the souls, I've seen them, but I've never seen or heard of a leia feeding the plans into r2 hieroglyphs. That too may be bogus.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK EASTER EGG IN ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

While watching ATTACK OF THE CLONES last night, I noticed that sound designer BEN BURT put in audio from RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK into a crowd scene on tattooine. It's a scene where Anakin, and Padme arrive on the planet to look for Anakin's mom. After the ship arrives, and lands, the scene shows the streets of tattooine, and people and aliens walking around. Anakin and Padme are in a transport towed by a droid. As the camera pans to show them in the transport, it passes by a few people, and the sound of them talking is the scene in RAIDERS where INDY is looking for Marion in the streets of cairo durring the basket chase. The exact scene is where the beggers go up to Indy to beg for money, and Indy throws coins to get them away from him. The sound in AOTC is sped up to sound alien, but it very easy for a fan like us to spot!
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 07-29-2014 at 06:23 PM.

E.T. EASTER EGG IN REVENGE OF THE SITH! When General Grevious near the begining of the film fires off the escape pods on his ship, look behind him. On the wall behind him, in what is meant to look like hebrew letters, is written E.T.. This is Lucas' way of saying hi to Spielberg.

The "E.T". on the wall is missing the "E"'s first period, and it's on top of the "T". It looks like this...

E
    T.