If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Re: Latest star wars episode 7 news thread

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    Bummer
    I thought it was good, but totally agree with Neutronbomb...

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

I thought it was "good". I was hoping for / expecting "awesome".

Maybe we need to start a spoilers-included thread so we can discuss?
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Just came back from the imax 3d version. Going into it, I knew I hadn't been that excited for a movie since I sat in the theater waiting for The Phantom Menace to begin, and I was not disappointed. IMO, it's the best Star Wars movie since the originals, and it really has some solid (though limited) character development, and awesome locales! The ground-battle scenes were excellent, and I definitely got my "blaster" fill. My only quibble - for right now, at least - is that I never felt very invested when certain major events occurred, but I always feel like that in JJ Abrams movies. For right now, I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5. After another viewing, I might even raise it to a 4.5/5. So far, it's my favourite film of 2015, narrowly pushing out Jurassic World, but I haven't seen Mad Max: Fury Road yet, so I can't decide on that just yet.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Surely feeling invested is a major point of watching any movie? Or ~good~ storytelling?
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Well, I saw it on Boxing Day, and I loved it! Definitely surpasses the prequels in every way -- no cringeworthy dialogue, humour that felt real and was actually funny rather than childish. Great use of the original cast to support the great newcomers (loved Daisy!), excellent FX, and great (real) locations. I saw it in 3D this first time, but I think I'll go again tomorrow and see it in 2D to see how that looks.

See ya in the spoiler thread!

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849