If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Re: Latest star wars episode 7 news thread

Picked up that Rolling Stone issue that was mentioned earlier. It's been a while since I've bought one of those -- when did they shrink the size? Looks like a good article inside, though the print they use for their articles is small!

Also, People mag has a special issue devoted entirely to The Force Awakens -- literally cover to cover! Tons of great photos (most of which we've already seen, but many new ones too) and articles on the actors & production peeps. Definitely going to keep this one for posterity. It's totally wizard!

Last edited by JeffDJ; 12-12-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    Picked up that Rolling Stone issue that was mentioned earlier. It's been a while since I've bought one of those -- when did they shrink the size? Looks like a good article inside, though the print they use for their articles is small!

Also, People mag has a special issue devoted entirely to The Force Awakens -- literally cover to cover! Tons of great photos (most of which we've already seen, but many new ones too) and articles on the actors & production peeps. Definitely going to keep this one for posterity. It's totally wizard!
    Looks great!

I can't remember if this was posted or not, but here's the countdown clock!
    http://countdown.onlineclock.net/countdowns/starwars/

(At the time i posted this, it's FOUR DAYS and SIX HOURS to go!)

I've got my tickets, but not until the 22nd! So, I'm going to stay away from this board (and everywhere else that might reveal spoilers) when the 18th rolls around!

I've been watching a few more TV spot trailers, they're showing slightly more of scenes we've already seen, and I feel posting them here would be redundant at this point.

So, with all that said, if I don't see you guys on the board before the opening day, I'll see you the night of the 22nd! (my tickets are for the 3:00 show!)

I'm definitely going to see it on Boxing Day -- my sister bought tickets for all of us. But I just have to decide now whether I'll wait for that to be my first viewing or watch it myself some day prior to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    I'm definitely going to see it on Boxing Day -- my sister bought tickets for all of us. But I just have to decide now whether I'll wait for that to be my first viewing or watch it myself some day prior to Christmas.

I told myself that if I really like it, I'll see it again in the theater, maybe even in 3D. If my daughter wants to see it again (unlikely, but we'll see) I'll take her too.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

(No spoilers or plot info - just my opinion having seen it) - lower your expectations if you are expecting the best ever Star Wars movie. I just saw it. It was ok and serves its purpose, but I was expecting it to a) be more dramatic and b) have more action. There was nothing really exhilarating to it, if that makes sense.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Bummer

Just saw it and have to agree with you Gunslinger. I don't want to say much until a couple of weeks when everyone has seen it.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

I enjoyed it a lot, JJ has done with Star Wars, kinda, what he did with Star Trek. Softened the transition with familiar older characters and situations and injected a whole lot of modern technique. It IS a kind of reboot, but like the OT is the next generation of the PT, this is the same. Is it a bit of a remake of Ep4. Yes they were playing safe, but hopefully they will loosen up a bit in the next one.
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

All I ask of this movie is to surpass the prequels.

And maybe Return of the Jedi.

Maybe.

(But I'm not holding my breath.)

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

I have newfound appreciation for AOTC after rewatching all the films OT ad PT bar Sith. AOTC gets a really bad rap, yes the romance is terrible but a lot of the battles are epic and breathtaking. TPM is truly dreadful and it is really only the last saber fight that is worth anything!

IMO TFA beats eps I and II and possibly III a a whole, but it will take repeat viewings to really be sure.

Eps I II and III still have very strong emotion in the lightsaber fights, which are their highlights.

There is a lot of emotion in TFA, and it will take a bit of time to absorb to the degree we have absorbed the other 6.

I'm not just about the saber fights but that seems to be where the most personal parts of the battles are. The ROTJ is still one of my favourite sequences although it's much less acrobatic than in the prequels.
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast