If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Which one would you recommend?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steele & Jones Ribby Merino

3 42.86%
  • Bill Kelso Lambskin

4 57.14%
    World Traveler New Yorker Jones's Avatar

Which jacket to go with? Bill Kelso Grainy Lambskin or Steele & Jones Ribby Merino

As these are similar in price? What do people recommend? I would like to get the Bill Kelso but the Steele & Jones Ribby Merino looks really nice, but haven't seen any reviews, anyone that has received one to post feedback. Thanks for your input.
    If you see someone down on the ground, you lend them a hand.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Re: Which jacket to go with? Bill Kelso Grainy Lambskin or Steele & Jones Ribby Merin

I've posted pics and comments on my Steele and Jones here if you have a look

Re: Which jacket to go with? Bill Kelso Grainy Lambskin or Steele & Jones Ribby Merin

Here

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forum...s/2145-My-gear

And here

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forum...-Jackets/page2

I've not seen a Kelso in the flesh. If I had to speculate I'd imagine that the Kelso would be the sturdier real-world jacket but the Steele & Jones nails the Raiders look in the right leather. As Diego says himself the right leather is not top quality leather so if you want the look the downside is a slightly more fragile jacket . Having said that, I've worn mine a lot since I got it and its all in one piece still!
    Last edited by djd; 05-30-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

I've not held a Steele & Jones (yet) but I imagine that leather is similar to what Todd uses. I've had a Todd's and, while I wouldn't go running through a briar patch with it, the leather was more than sturdy enough for normal day to day wear.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

The striated lambskin by Bill Kelso is second to none. Supremely high quality lamb that will last a life time. Not to mention SA too.

Yes, I'm sure you're right but the question was about Kelsos grainy lamb.His striated lamb is more eexpensive I believe?

Apologies. I was just throwing out a first-hand opinion to help broaden the range of search. But, since we are talking specifically about the grainy lamb, I only know of one person that has purchased it and they seem pretty satisfied.

No need to apologise. If money were no object I'd go for a Kelso in the SL. The S&J was a good price and a good pattern....

World Traveler New Yorker Jones's Avatar

Actually I splurged and with it being my birthday soon (and my wife's blessing), I got the BK SL with their sale now.
    If you see someone down on the ground, you lend them a hand.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

I'm looking forward to my Steele and JOnes (getting much closer now), but, if money were no object, I'd grab a Kelso too. In fact, if I didn't have some other stuff in the pipeline right now, I'd splurge because of the sale now too. I debated pulling the trigger on a Kelso that was on eBay for a while but I just didn't believe that the sizing would work. It was close enough to be awfully tempting, but, in the end, I decided it just wouldn't work.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.