If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

Quote Originally Posted by KidHuevos View Post
    Speaking of John Williams, does anyone know what the piece of music is at the end of the Attack of the Clones trailer? I recognize the first part, but not the last 30 seconds. I assume it's from Return of the Jedi, but can't place it...

Yes, it is from Return of the Jedi, but it wasn't actually used in the film. It was featured on the original Return of the Jedi soundtrack in 1983 as music from the forest battle on endor, or ewok battle. It's actually a concert piece that Williams wrote and decided to put on the album (He did that often in that time frame with his soundtracks. Even on the original STAR WARS 2 lp record he did full concert versions, like Princess Leia's theme although the full version didn't appear in the movie that way. On the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK original LP, he did a full rendition of THE IMPERIAL MARCH. The version presented on the LP was the full version, and was written to be enjoyed as a single piece, but wasn't in the film that way.).

The Piece of music you are refering to I don't believe it made it on the SPECIAL EDITION RETURN OF THE JEDI soundtracks, as they were screen used music only.

You may need to look on ebay or something for the original 1983 version of RETURN OF THE JEDI that was put on cd to get that piece.

Hope that helps.

Good call, HJJ. On Disc 2 of the 1997 ROTJ special edition score, there's an "archival bonus track" called THE FOREST BATTLE (CONCERT SUITE) -- I think that's probably it.

As an aside, watching that trailer again reminds me how odd it was that they made a conscious effort to make Palpatine look 10 years older in AOTC, giving him a lighter complexion, some age spots, and even the more deliberate way McDiarmid delivered his lines -- yet didn't bother matching any of that at all in ROTS.
    Last edited by JeffDJ; 07-05-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY JONES JR. View Post
    The Piece of music you are refering to I don't believe it made it on the SPECIAL EDITION RETURN OF THE JEDI soundtracks, as they were screen used music only.

You may need to look on ebay or something for the original 1983 version of RETURN OF THE JEDI that was put on cd to get that piece.

Hope that helps.
    Yes, that definitely helps! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    Good call, HJJ. On Disc 2 of the 1997 ROTJ special edition score, there's an "archival bonus track" called THE FOREST BATTLE (CONCERT SUITE) -- I think that's probably it.

As an aside, watching that trailer again reminds me how odd it was that they made a conscious effort to make Palpatine look 10 years older in AOTC, giving him a lighter complexion, some age spots, and even the more deliberate way McDiarmid delivered his lines -- yet didn't bother matching any of that at all in ROTS.
    I'm a huge STAR WARS fan, and I agree with you on the Emperor. I hope the new films totally blows me away. Somehow, I think it will.

Yes, that definitely helps! Thanks!
    Always glad to help. Thank you for everything YOU do. I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    You are correct- I found it on YouTube!

You are correct- I found it on YouTube!
    JOHN WILLIAMS is, and will aways be DA MAN!

Brief interview with John Williams on Scoring Episode 7!

http://ikwiz.com/watch.asp?id=7701&n...Episode+VII%27

(He does not reveal anything about the movie, nor do we get to hear any new themes, so don't get too excited!)

Thankfully, I've seen this post of Williams when it first was posted online, but it once again cements my belief that not only is he, and always has been the right man for the job.

I have followed John Williams career since the late 70's, and I have never heard, or read anywhere where he has lobbied to score a film. He is an EXTREMELY busy composer, and is in the highest of demand. People come to him, and ask him to score something. This is the first time I have ever heard, and read JOHN WILLIAMS lobby for the chance to score THE FORCE AWAKENS. He is on film, and recording saying he wishes to get the job to score the film. He believes he has the energy to take it on, and HE asked LUCASFILM for the opportunity to score this film. That means something to me. When the greatest film composer of our time asks to score your picture, (they, of course, said "yes") that means after scoring 6 films already, he has the willingness, and the need to express himself more with this series of Star Wars films. As for him asking publicly repeatedly that he wants to score this film,...it's unheard of, at least in JOHN WILLIAMS' case.

I remember him years ago saying that one of the reasons he enjoys scoring Star Wars films, is that it allows him to write music, and express himself in ways that just really can't be done with other films or projects. It's a way musically to express himself.

I'm just praying he lives just one more year minimum (hopefully for many more years to come) to be able to write themes for all the new characters. If after the FORCE AWAKENS he dies, whomever would take his place as composer, would have the JOHN WILLIAMS composed new character themes to work with for the remaining two films.

I collect all of JOHN WILLIAMS film scores, and also own most of his non film compositions as well. I'm the biggest JOHN WILLIAMS fan that you could ever hope to ever meet. There really isn't much of his works that I have never heard, or don't own.

JOHN WILLIAMS is my absolute favorite celebrity. Nobody comes close.
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 01-06-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123