If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Exclamation John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    John Williams will score the new STAR WARS movies it appears!!. He has talked to J.J. ABRAMS, and he wants John to score it. John says he is happy, and willing to score them!

    JOHN WILLIAMS is my musical hero, and I own all of his musical scores. I listen, and re-listen to every track, and every note he writes.

    Here's the article.

    http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/26/star-w...ode-7-3808952/
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 05-27-2013 at 05:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    I'm pleased although his CS score was deeply disappointing. It wouldn't be star wars without JW

  3. #3
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    I'm pleased although his CS score was deeply disappointing. It wouldn't be star wars without JW
    Although the CS score wasn't on par with his other Indy films, it is FAR better than the offical release score showed. The official release was a major disapointment. However, as a Indiana Jones fan, and a major JOHN WILLIAMS fan, I own the full complete CS score, and it's actually pretty good. If you were to watch a dvd of the movie, close your eyes and listen to the music. There is a VAST amount of music that does not appear on the crappy official cd soundtrack. It's like a whole 'nother movie score. Lots of action music that is not on the cd. It truly is much better than most of us realize...it's just not an in-your-face score.

    I thought the STAR WARS prequel scores were also not the best, but were under represented on the cd soundtracks so I had to buy bootlegs to hear the full genius of JOHN WILLIAMS.

    JOHN WILLIAMS IS DA MAN!

  4. #4
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    I thought the CS score totally lacked any memorable themes .... Just a rehash of the old stuff with nothing much added. For what it's worth, I thought the Star Wars prequel soundtracks were far better. Some good choral stuff that at least set them apart from episodes IV-VI

  5. #5
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    I thought the CS score totally lacked any memorable themes .... Just a rehash of the old stuff with nothing much added. For what it's worth, I thought the Star Wars prequel soundtracks were far better. Some good choral stuff that at least set them apart from episodes IV-VI
    CS has the RUSSIAN theme, MUTT's theme, a CRYSTAL SKULL theme. Lots of nifty action music (just hidden under sound effects, and dialog). Some stuff was rehash, yes, such as the beggining music for Indy's escape from hanger 51, but it does blend into brand new, exciting music. Some things appear as re hash as Marion is back, so her theme is there, Indy is back, his theme is there, Indy's dad is mentioned and Mutt are there, so the family theme is there. Again, the official cd soundtrack is not very good at all, and lands flat on it's face, but it's not really representive of what the whole, complete film score really is. When the complete two cd score again shows up again on ebay, I highly encourage all to buy it, and you will hear the score as it really is, without audio, and visual distractions.







    The RUSSIAN theme is intermixed into this last track.
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 05-28-2013 at 08:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    689

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    JW is a God of music, but he's got to be like 100 years old now, no?

  7. #7
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    Quote Originally Posted by PLATON View Post
    JW is a God of music, but he's got to be like 100 years old now, no?
    Noooo....he's only 81. His writing is still top notch. It's not like an athlete who's not able to do things physically as he gets older, John's mind is in top form. (just won his 48th Oscar nomination last year....48th!! More than any living human being, and only second all time to Walt Disney (which really weren't individual wins)) As long as he's inspired, all he has to do is sit, and write his magical notes. His mind is very sharp!

    Keep in mind, he doesn't even have to physically perform the music, the orchestra who is in top form will perform the notes he has written!

    JOHN WILLIAMS IS A MUSIC GOD, and we are lucky enough to have him for all the INDIANA JONES and ALL the STAR WARS movies! We are truly lucky.
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 05-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.

  8. #8
    fifthchamber
    Guest

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    I'm with djd on this one....The Crystal Skull score wasn't exceptional, and despite having some nicer tracks, was wholly unimpressive...The best bits were the use of the tracks he'd already made for the previous movies, and the "Alien theme" is just crawly....Not as musically interesting as the work he's put out before..I suspect the real problem is that after a certain point, with a trilogy or more, you start to re-use the themes instead of finding new ones to put out....Which leads to a reliance on work that we've all heard before.....It can be done, for sure..Hans Zimmer did that most recently with the Batman trilogy...Each one distinct and different enough, but with a solid core holding them together, and Williams did it well in the Star Wars films and the first three movies as well...

    I also think that the story changed the music as well...Mutt's theme suits Mutt, but because Mutt is annoying, and I dislike the character, the music entirely escapes my interest....And the same for the theme used for the skull itself....I'm not invested in the story enough to care about the themes....But the themes certainly aren't as distinct and interesting as say, the "Crusaders March" in Last Crusade.....

    I'm sure he can make the Episode VII music exceptional...His "Lincoln" soundtrack was great too...But Crystal Skull falls flat for me beyond the original music from the first three films.....

  9. #9
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    Quote Originally Posted by fifthchamber View Post
    I'm with djd on this one....The Crystal Skull score wasn't exceptional, and despite having some nicer tracks, was wholly unimpressive...The best bits were the use of the tracks he'd already made for the previous movies, and the "Alien theme" is just crawly....Not as musically interesting as the work he's put out before..I suspect the real problem is that after a certain point, with a trilogy or more, you start to re-use the themes instead of finding new ones to put out....Which leads to a reliance on work that we've all heard before.....It can be done, for sure..Hans Zimmer did that most recently with the Batman trilogy...Each one distinct and different enough, but with a solid core holding them together, and Williams did it well in the Star Wars films and the first three movies as well...

    I also think that the story changed the music as well...Mutt's theme suits Mutt, but because Mutt is annoying, and I dislike the character, the music entirely escapes my interest....And the same for the theme used for the skull itself....I'm not invested in the story enough to care about the themes....But the themes certainly aren't as distinct and interesting as say, the "Crusaders March" in Last Crusade.....

    I'm sure he can make the Episode VII music exceptional...His "Lincoln" soundtrack was great too...But Crystal Skull falls flat for me beyond the original music from the first three films.....
    CS is, in fact, the weakest of the four Indy films. Mutt's theme and mutt himself I also agree, are diminished because I don't like Mutt either. Funny, but I hated his LINCOLN score. I colllect all of John's music, but I thought his score to this movie wasn't the one that should have given him the nomination, but THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN, was VASTLY superior deserved the nomination.

    Listen to these beauties!!


    ACTION MUSIC!


    FUN THEME!

    My point being, we all agree that CS is the weakest of the INDY films, and score, but It is better than what most give it credit for.
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 05-29-2013 at 12:52 AM.

  10. #10
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: John williams almost certainly will score star wars 7

    We'll agree to disagree. I find it almost unwatchable. It's about on a par with the third Mummy film....

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Web Design Brisbane