If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Finally got a Strain!

The one piece of gear I've been wanting since I first became an Indy fan was a full-on, full-size Indy-style whip. Well, last month I finally had the cash and I ordered a Strain. I asked for a Temple of Doom style (what can I say, it's my favorite movie!) and I picked it up from my PO box today.

It. Is. Beautiful.

Sadly it's cold and wet out, still, but hopefully within the next weekend or two, I can get out and try it out.

Here it is with the green nylon whip bag I also ordered...

And here's a shot with my Penman & Wested ToD gear:

I'm super happy with this.

Re: Finally got a Strain!

Congratulations on the purchase of the Joe Strain "Temple of Doom" bullwhip!!

You are going to thoroughly enjoy that bullwhip. I have two Joe Strain bullwhips myself. They are functional "works of art". Rolls out smoothly, flows nicely, and cracks easily.

Also, nice to see someone with "Temple of Doom" gear.

World Traveler Louisianna James's Avatar

Nice TOD gear, i like it!
    Willie! We are going to buy!!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Very nice looking gear! And I'm happy for some more ToD love. It's underappreciated
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Everything looks really good! I myself own a 10' Strain whip- and I have zero regrets about it.

Curiously, what makes that a ToD whip? It looks almost identical to mine, aside from the color (mine is about 10 years old now) When I bought mine, it was simply an "Indiana Jones whip" with no particular movie "look" attached to it.

I posted this before, but reposting as a reference:

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steambot View Post
    The one piece of gear I've been wanting since I first became an Indy fan was a full-on, full-size Indy-style whip. Well, last month I finally had the cash and I ordered a Strain. I asked for a Temple of Doom style (what can I say, it's my favorite movie!) and I picked it up from my PO box today.

It. Is. Beautiful.

Sadly it's cold and wet out, still, but hopefully within the next weekend or two, I can get out and try it out.

Here it is with the green nylon whip bag I also ordered...

And here's a shot with my Penman & Wested ToD gear:

I'm super happy with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KidHuevos View Post
    Everything looks really good! I myself own a 10' Strain whip- and I have zero regrets about it.

Curiously, what makes that a ToD whip? It looks almost identical to mine, aside from the color (mine is about 10 years old now) When I bought mine, it was simply an "Indiana Jones whip" with no particular movie "look" attached to it.

I posted this before, but reposting as a reference:

WOW! You guys have some really bad-ass whips! Absolutely beautiful!