If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Exclamation Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster




    This is actually just a FAN produced Episode 7 poster by professional illustrator Adam Schickling. The poster is clearly based on the work of Drew Struzan, who designed the iconic posters for each of the six existing 'Star Wars' movies.

    This shows older versions of their characters as they may appear today. Although this is just a fantasy piece, (it hasn't even been filmed yet) and the artist is in no way connected to the film, It's a pretty good,...no, REALLY good quality fan produced Star Wars poster.

  2. #2
    Artifact Aficionado JeffDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    506

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Ya, I saw this poster last week and was really impressed. He really nailed the style Struzan used. I probably would have given Luke a Kenobi-esque beard, but otherwise its a great job.

  3. #3
    World Traveler Oildale Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    185

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    I appreciate the thought and the effort, but I'm not going to see Ep 7 for those old farts.

  4. #4

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Oildale Jones View Post
    I appreciate the thought and the effort, but I'm not going to see Ep 7 for those old farts.
    I believe I will...

    Excellent poster - I trust there will be a few other characters involved

  5. #5
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Oildale Jones View Post
    I appreciate the thought and the effort, but I'm not going to see Ep 7 for those old farts.

    The original actors will only be in small supporting roles, like Alec Guinness was in Star Wars. Just to bridge the new movies. It will NOT star those three, the poster is just a fan made poster who doesn't even know what the story is. It will deal with completely new characters, in a new story that was adapted from George Lucas' story treatments for the new films. He had a idea of what should happen in these new films, and Academy award winning writers will write them. Lawrence Kasdan (who did the screenplay of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI) will be writing EPISODE 8 based on George Lucas' rough draft story.
    LUCASFILM & ILM will once again make the movies, only difference is Lucas will be a consultant to the movies, and instead of him paying for it, Disney will pay for it, but it will be made by LUCASFILM.
    This film will be done right, and will not be about "old farts".

  6. #6
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    I know it's fashionable to bash Lucas but I'm glad he's only taking a consulting role. He is a good "idea" man (re: Empire) but he loses it in the execution.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

  7. #7
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Quote Originally Posted by crismans View Post
    I know it's fashionable to bash Lucas but I'm glad he's only taking a consulting role. He is a good "idea" man (re: Empire) but he loses it in the execution.
    I agree with you.
    I'm not a Lucas basher, but I do think Lucas is too close to the project, and a consulting role is better at this stage. There are better directors out there, but he's a really, really good editor. It will still feel like STAR WARS, as all are still involved in this.

    I also agree, he's a great "idea" man. I'm certain this will be one great film, and will certainly be better than the prequels.

    I predict Luke Skywalker will talk to his father, and Yoda in Ghost form, you will see Leia after she has now learned how to use the Force (as Luke tells her in Return of the Jedi, "You have the power too, in time, you'll learn to use it as I").

    I also predict the film will be filmed in 3-D.

  8. #8
    World Traveler Oildale Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    185

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Quote Originally Posted by HENRY JONES JR. View Post
    The original actors will only be in small supporting roles, like Alec Guinness was in Star Wars. Just to bridge the new movies. It will NOT star those three, the poster is just a fan made poster who doesn't even know what the story is. It will deal with completely new characters, in a new story that was adapted from George Lucas' story treatments for the new films. He had a idea of what should happen in these new films, and Academy award winning writers will write them. Lawrence Kasdan (who did the screenplay of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI) will be writing EPISODE 8 based on George Lucas' rough draft story.
    LUCASFILM & ILM will once again make the movies, only difference is Lucas will be a consultant to the movies, and instead of him paying for it, Disney will pay for it, but it will be made by LUCASFILM.
    This film will be done right, and will not be about "old farts".
    Yes, I believe I implied all that with my winky emoticon.

  9. #9
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    Quote Originally Posted by Oildale Jones View Post
    Yes, I believe I implied all that with my winky emoticon.
    I predict we will be blown away by this new movie! I love Lucasfilm!! Still wish they'd do another Indy movie...but a GOOD Indy movie. LOL

  10. #10
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

    JJ has me a little concerned. He has yet to make anything that doesn't feel like a very high end hack job. Super polished, sure. But no lasting substance. However, he handles that spectacle and gloss very well, so hopefully the thinking is that Kathleen Kennedy keeps tight reins on the vision. They've got some good writers onboard. So all JJ has to do is what he's best at.

    Saw Ep3 again the other night. It's actually very good IMO. Sure it has a few off notes but nothing horrific. The thing that really spoils it from being truly awesome is Hayden Christenson. He sucks.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Web Design Brisbane