If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Star wars episode 7 conceptual poster

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY JONES JR. View Post
    I predict we will be blown away by this new movie! I love Lucasfilm!! Still wish they'd do another Indy movie...but a GOOD Indy movie. LOL
    Nah, I think Indy has run its course, at least as far as Harrison Ford goes. If it takes another 15 years between films, it'll be 2023 and Ford will be 81! I think it'll be almost sacrilege to even consider a reboot! I'd be all for that animated series that was considered a while back though.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

I actually quite like episodes 2 and 3.... I think Ewan McGreggor does a stella job in both. I'd rather they'd given star wars yo Joss Weedon than JJ. Maybe he'll get the next one... The only stuff of JJs that I really enjoyed were the first couple of seasons of Alias. Star Trek did nothing for me apart from Karl Urban excellent take on McCoy

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

I liked MI3, but it was the definition of a popcorn movie only.

But you hit the nail on the head with McGreggor, mate. It's frequently his awesome take on Obi Wan that makes me sooooo frustrated for what those movies could have been if only the rest of the elements were up at his level. We get glimpses of it, of something really high end, and then you blink, and he's riding a giant lizard or something.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

The thing that really spoils it from being truly awesome is Hayden Christenson. He sucks.
    That's a BIG DITTO on that statement!

Just like I hated Jake Lloyd in Episode 1. Terrible acting....just like Hayden.

Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Jake Lloyd had the excuse of being 9.

And let's face it, Christenson got out-acted by the cgi version of himself in Clone Wars, which somehow manged to be both less wooden and more human.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Jake Lloyd had the excuse of being 9.

And let's face it, Christenson got out-acted by the cgi version of himself in Clone Wars, which somehow manged to be both less wooden and more human.
    Once again, I totally agree with you on Hayden. On Jake Lloyd....I've seen better kid actors his age, and younger. He sucked too.

I seem to remember that originally the plan was NOT to have Annakin so young, but Lucas decided that we should meet "Ani" as a kid instead, I guess so we would, what, sympathize with him more considering where he was going? If anything, the whiny brat made us hate him even more!

Another thing that really disappointed me about the prequels (especially in the latter two) was the over-reliance on CG environments that made entire scenes seem like they were from an animated movie (along with the human characters themselves!). As a result, you had a pretty great cast (Neeson! MacGregor! Portman! etc.!) and they all, at one point or another, turned in cardboard performances.

And don't even get me started on how McDiarmid seemed to have forgotten how to play the Emperor in RoTS, turning in a mostly over-the-top performance from his attempted arrest onward. And what was with the crazy voice? One second you're like "Now there's the Emperor I remember!", then his next line sounds like it's been altered in post to sound deeper and not at all like the Emperor!

They're okay movies, but just a lot of wasted opportunity. And that's sad.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

I agree with most of what has been said, but, again not to jump on the fad of Lucas-bashing, I think it was his directing that created so many of the wooden performances we've seen (and his horrible, horrible romantic dialogue). I've seen each of the actors (yes, even Hayden) turn in much better performances in other movies.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdj View Post
    i seem to remember that originally the plan was not to have annakin so young, but lucas decided that we should meet "ani" as a kid instead, i guess so we would, what, sympathize with him more considering where he was going? If anything, the whiny brat made us hate him even more! :d

another thing that really disappointed me about the prequels (especially in the latter two) was the over-reliance on cg environments that made entire scenes seem like they were from an animated movie (along with the human characters themselves!). As a result, you had a pretty great cast (neeson! Macgregor! Portman! Etc.!) and they all, at one point or another, turned in cardboard performances.

And don't even get me started on how mcdiarmid seemed to have forgotten how to play the emperor in rots, turning in a mostly over-the-top performance from his attempted arrest onward. And what was with the crazy voice? One second you're like "now there's the emperor i remember!", then his next line sounds like it's been altered in post to sound deeper and not at all like the emperor!

They're okay movies, but just a lot of wasted opportunity. And that's sad.

i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by crismans View Post
    i agree with most of what has been said, but, again not to jump on the fad of lucas-bashing, i think it was his directing that created so many of the wooden performances we've seen (and his horrible, horrible romantic dialogue). I've seen each of the actors (yes, even hayden) turn in much better performances in other movies.
    i agree with that too.

I found something Star Wars related, but not really Episode 7-related. I think this is "gritty" artwork, some of it legit concept art from previous films and some of it might be fan artwork. (So I'm putting it in this thread instead.)

Have a look, some of it is eye-catching!
    http://imgur.com/a/rNPff?gallery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast