If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    World Traveler Louisianna James's Avatar

Red face Real Screen Accurate Last Crusade Fedora with accurate ribbon vinatge style

Here is my Last Crusade with a light brown ribbon from Nicky Manning new owner of Herbert Johnson.

Willie! We are going to buy!!

Re: Real Screen Accurate Last Crusade Fedora with accurate ribbon vinatge style

Here is more photos

In this angle the Herbert Johnson fedora looks kind of like a Tohts hat.

More photos of the fedora in different shades of light

Probably If i dusted it with Fullers Earth it would look like the tank scene, and the ribbon would look more darker.

As you can observe the ribbon on the film fedora looks like its lighter brown

Different hat with different color darker brown or purplish brown ribbon used for this picture?

BTW IF ANYONE HAD A HERBERT JOHNSON POET FROM THE LATE 80's, EARLY 90's ERA, PLEASE POST PICTURES OF IT HERE(NO RIBBON REPLACEMENT, JUST THE RIBBON THAT IS ORIGINALLY ON THE HAT) THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
    Last edited by Louisianna James; 02-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Not really a Poet, but it's a great ToD hat. Here's my vintage HJ from about 1984.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    Is it possible for you to post a real good close up of the ribbon grain. It would be interesting to try and determine if its the kind of vintage ribbon that bending oak talks about.

That hat looks awesome and TOD accurate, it looks like the bridge and village scene, and good job on the little fold on the upper section hiding under the front section of the bow as i observed on the TOD ribbon when Indy was fighting Mola Ram on the bridge , i wonder what color is the ribbon, my favorite kind of Indy Style is the and Motorcycle Chase style on Last Crusade, i might post more pictures, i believed that the LC fedora is more of a Dress hat than an archeologist hat like Raiders and TOD. Thanks for showing that

Its actually a ribbon from Herbert Johnson, the materials the same as the modern brown/black one they used. They still have the brighter ribbon that they used at the 80's and 90's for the Last Crusade, just email the new owner Nicky Manning(Herbert Johnson Email), btw i wonder what ribbon color is used for TOD. In screenused.com From the back it looks like its the same ribbon that is used later on LC but from the front with different lighting, it looks like the grayish brown Todd Coyle's ribbon.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indydude18 View Post
    Not really a Poet, but it's a great ToD hat. Here's my vintage HJ from about 1984.

AWESOME FEDORA!!!!!!!!!!!

And..... at 7 1/8 , it just happens to be size! hint hint hint

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    Is it possible for you to post a real good close up of the ribbon grain. It would be interesting to try and determine if its the kind of vintage ribbon that bending oak talks about.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

bendingoak

Can you put a ruler next to the ribbon or count the ridges per inch? The color wrong for any of the Indy hats. i think what you are seeing is the distressing. also remember we had more then one label in TOD.
    Last edited by bendingoak; 02-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Nice!! Where did you purschased that ribbon from, did u have more of that ribbon? What's the color's name?

I would want to purchase some if you have a ton of them. I think that's the right color for the TOD, take a look this bridge scene fedora sprinkled with fullers earth:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast