If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Thank goodness. I've been sitting here with a dried sweat around my head

  2. #22
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

  3. #23
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Ok, so where was I? Right; making a Raiders hat.

    So, some time has gone by. I'm now making another Raiders hat with REAL Herbert Johnson components from the Raiders era, and actual screen accurate vintage HJ ribbon. (Yes, it's a lighter ribbon than some would have you believe.) So I'm going to finish off this guide by picking up where I left off when I get to that stage.

    (On a side note, I have worn the hell out of this hat since I made it - it became the hat in this thread - http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threa...rooks+brothers )

    I'm about to block the new body, and I just thought I'd check the height of the old one before I do so by measuring from the centre front brim break, straight over the top to the back centre. I got 40.5cm. Looking back at this thread, I'm pleasantly surprised that despite all the wear, it tallies with the original spec. So much for rabbit not holding up! Diego's bodies really DO cut it. I have worn that sucker camping every time I go, and have worn it in rain, fog, sleet, high humidity, subtropical forests, loading campfires, running through the bush, etc, and it's still in great shape. But I digress...

    It'll take me at least a few days to catch up to where this tutorial was at. I have a hot pot of water on the boil and a new body waiting, so time to sign out. Any questions, hit me up.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

  4. #24

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Ok, so where was I? Right; making a Raiders hat.

    So, some time has gone by. I'm now making another Raiders hat with REAL Herbert Johnson components from the Raiders era, and actual screen accurate vintage HJ ribbon. (Yes, it's a lighter ribbon than some would have you believe.) So I'm going to finish off this guide by picking up where I left off when I get to that stage.
    Please, take pictures of the hat before taking it apart!!!!

    (I hope not too late )

  5. #25
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Could be tricky- I did that years ago!

    But don't worry, I took photos to document things like how the ribbon was sewn on. That shows us why you get the curve / kink in the ribbon in front of the bow on the screen hat. So interestingly it matches the factory hat identically; but I will go into that, and replicating it later.

    What is it you want to know, mate?
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

  6. #26

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Could be tricky- I did that years ago!

    But don't worry, I took photos to document things like how the ribbon was sewn on. That shows us why you get the curve / kink in the ribbon in front of the bow on the screen hat. So interestingly it matches the factory hat identically; but I will go into that, and replicating it later.

    What is it you want to know, mate?
    Nothing specific, just the ussual curiosity/obsession about the damn hat

    The stitching on the ribbon creating the curve on the top fron of the bow, is something interesting to see.

    Question:
    the ribbon you are talking in the previous post:
    quote: "...actual screen accurate vintage HJ ribbon. (Yes, it's a lighter ribbon than some would have you believe.)"

    Does it came in the same hat you are stripping, or the components you are using come from different hats?

    Cheers.-

  7. #27
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    A different hat.

    Will hopefully get up to that this weekend. Still got to set the brim, pounce etc. to get up to where I was.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

  8. #28
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Here you go, Diego - Herbert Johnson 1978 factory stitching.

    D700-20120219-161052-2000px.jpg

    Notice how the way the ribbon is cinched on creates tension towards the top front of the ribbon?
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

  9. #29

    Re: How to Make an Accurate Indiana Jones Hat from Raiders

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Here you go, Diego - Herbert Johnson 1978 factory stitching.

    D700-20120219-161052-2000px.jpg

    Notice how the way the ribbon is cinched on creates tension towards the top front of the ribbon?
    Yes, I can clearly see it!
    Thankssssssssssssssss!"!!!!!

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Web Design Brisbane