If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

The Chicago Jacket

In the Rare & Deleted Scenes thread I noticed that the stand-in in one of the photos seemed to be wearing the Smithsonian LC jacket. I wondered which jacket Ford was wearing, though there didn’t seem to be enough info in the image to pin it down (but probably the Motorcycle/Noble House jacket).

I looked at the Chicago jacket, the Last Crusade jacket displayed at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry exhibit of 2004-2005, and compared it to some of the hi res imagery now available. The Chicago jacket seems to be the jacket from the beach/seagull scene in Last Crusade. I’m not sure if this connection has been made before, but I don’t recall hearing that the Chicago jacket has been linked to a particular scene or confirmed as screen used.

This image of the Chicago LC jacket was taken by Agent5 (is he a member here?)”

The two compared:

Re: The Chicago Jacket

NICE!!!

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Nice detective work. You appear to be correct!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Good work, Mac. Seems like I remember this being proposed from a couple of years ago. I didn't take notes, but it seems like the Chicago jacket was linked to the scenes you've mentioned. If memory serves, the "tank" jacket was linked to another jacket that was on display, but I can't remember the location. Maybe someone will chip in on this. I think there are two main jackets (could be more, but two main ones) primarily identified by collar stand construction.

I think Agent 5 is a member here. Hopefully he'll be able to chime in.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Makes sense to me. It is a very interesting colour difference in the photos. I prefer the shade of the movie still

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Yes, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    Makes sense to me. It is a very interesting colour difference in the photos. I prefer the shade of the movie still

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Mac, what colour would you say the jacket was in person? The colour that's shown in your picture or the one in the movie-still?

Rask, I don’t think the color is particularly well represented in either.

In A5’s photo his camera’s exposure & white balance settings, along with the cooler color temperature of his flash & the overhead lights give it a milk chocolaty appearance. (Note the greenish hue of the hat ribbon.)

In the beach scene the warmer color temp of the setting/rising sun along with the filmmaker's color correction in post yields a different, richer shade of brown.

Here are two shots of the same screen used LC jacket; one is from Noble House, the other is from ComingSoon.net:

That jacket appears the in the Motorcycle Crossroads screen in LC:

The color differences in photos & stills are all over the map due to lighting temp, camera settings, color correction, etc.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    Yeah. It's a pain. It makes me suspect the same with Raiders.

Yep