If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: RARE 3 Hole Temple of Doom bag

Here is a hard to find 3 hole bag as seen in Temple of Doom

It has some light writing on the back with someone's initials. The writing is very faded though

$75 shipped CONUS

Re: FS: RARE 3 Hole Temple of Doom bag

What &75 there's a place where I live that have like 50 of these for 10 bucks! 3 holes and looks just like that just cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by indydude1 View Post
    What &75 there's a place where I live that have like 50 of these for 10 bucks! 3 holes and looks just like that just cleaner.
    Even though I'm not from Missouri, I claim residence on this one ---- SHOW ME!

I'd like to see a picture of 1 of the 50 you're talking about. If they are as they say they are, I'd be interested in knowing their contact information.

So take a pic if you could and post it.

Thanks.

Well then show pictures because after being in this hobby for 5 years this is only the second one I've ever come across. And another thing, the 2 hole bags still sell for 55-60 bucks, and this is the THREE holed bag so I don't see how you're acting like my asking price is out of left field.

So let us see these "50 bags for 10 bucks"

Well for a crappy canvas bag it seems high. Im not big on the indy stuff anymore but out of the years ive collected the stuff it really seems to not hold up. I had and Adventurebilt I dont meen to bash Steve but for $600 it was not the best hat my Herbert Johnson held up better than it and it went to Egypt! Ill snap some pics when I go to the store again as I live about 40 miles from it. Also above I meant to say that it wasnt 50 for 10 bucks but 10 bucks apiece sorry for the confusion.

I knew you were saying that each bag was $10, but I've still never seen an original Indy bag go for less than $45. Even the repros aren't that cheap

*sniff* You smell something?

Quote Originally Posted by Oildale Jones View Post
    *sniff* You smell something?
    I'm starting to.

@Indydude1:

I've been in this hobby for a few years now but feel I'm well enough versed at the gear to be able to properly say the following:

Everything that Knibs is saying is 100% true. I also have never seen an original Indy bag go for less than what he quoted, and even the piece of junk/rotting before your very eyes bags don't go for less than that.

Knibs's price is right in center field. I own one of these rare 3-hole bags and I spent $80-100 (if you want EXACTS, I'll look it up as I think I might have it written down somewhere here) on it. It's a nice bag but it was pricey due to the rarity of it. As like Knibs, I also have seen only 3 others (Knibs's, mine, and another that sold on Ebay awhile back that was in terrible shape). And I've been in this hobby for 3 years.

Crappy canvas bag? You really don't understand the rarity of Indy gear do you? The price is based on its rarity and authenticity as an original. I bet you if you sold it to a militaria collector, they'd pay that much in a hurry because it's a 3 hole version of the british gas mask bag. The 2 holes are more of a "dime a dozen" factor, but this gets to my next point....

SHOW US THE PLETHORA OF 2 HOLE'D BAGS LIKE THIS! Because in my years of collecting, I have yet to believe that there's that big of a cache of these out there. It's entirely possible, weird crap has popped up before but I'd have to see.

As for your "non-bashing" of Steve - you're entitled to your opinion and I've also seen hats that I personally thought were on par with Steve's work, felt, etc. but the fact remains that while the hat in itself may not be a $600 quality, you paid $600 for an EXPEDITED hat. In otherwords, you paid the extra so you could get it FASTER - not so you could get a better quality hat. Steve priced his hats that way so it made it more worth his time to make some hats quicker --- you want a hat in 6 weeks vs. 5 years, you have to pay a lot more for that SERVICE... NOT Quality. THAT'S why you got a generic AB for $600 - you paid for the expedited service. So don't compare one of Steve's hats as not being worth $600 because they're not from the beginning. It's the SERVICE of getting it made/delivered faster that you paid for.

So get to your store ASAP and SHOW US the pictures of these 2 hole bags and put this skepticism to rest - one way or the other.

Until then... SNIFF SNIFF.

Sent you message on bag. Consider it sold.

Gailen David
    Gailen

I just noticed that I had said a couple of times referencing "2 holed" bags when I meant "3 holed". As I can't see a function to edit that, I'm editing it here with an editation note. Otherwise I might look like a jack*@@ that doesn't know what he's talking about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast