If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Adventurebilt CS Hero hat

Here's some PICS of my Adventurebilt CS Hero hat. What makes this hat special from the regular AB's is all the materials are leftover from the film production. The liner itself is the same white liner that was ONLY on the hero hats used by HF. It is the same size as HF and made on the same block used to construct his hats. I believe counting the film hats there are ONLY 15 of these in existence. Paid about $600 which is alot cheaper than the $19,000 that a film used one recently went for. :laugh:
    Steve Delk also kindly signed the inside of the sweatband and gave me a COA which mentions the SA materials which helps if I want to sell for BIG BUCKS years from now.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: My Adventurebilt CS Hero hat

Way cool. The CS hat is growing on me a bit. Man, there's some great gear I'm seeing from people. Some seriously nice stuff.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

I do like the Raiders hat in it's many variations, but i think the LC and CS hats are my favourite for all around look.

What is 'Ford size'?

HF actually wears a 7 3/8 (we wear the same size). Steve told me the film hats are 22 7/8 which I believe is 7 1/4, so they would be tight enough to stay on his head. This hat is an exact copy of the film hat.

deadseascrolls

I'LL TAKE IT!

Oh wait, this wasn't a "For Sale" ad?

A really COOL piece of gear you've got there. I'm working on saving up the funds to order one from Steve. $650 currently, but well worth the price! Unless, of course, you'd wish to "part" with yours :question: :-\

Again, my sincerest congratulations on your Adventurebuilt.

I'm first on your list if you ever decide to sell it, right?

Best wishes,

DSS

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Beautiful! I remember when Steve offered these. I so wish I had the money at that point to snatch one up!
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deadseascrolls
    I'LL TAKE IT!

Oh wait, this wasn't a "For Sale" ad?

A really COOL piece of gear you've got there. I'm working on saving up the funds to order one from Steve. $650 currently, but well worth the price! Unless, of course, you'd wish to "part" with yours :question: :-\

Again, my sincerest congratulations on your Adventurebuilt.

I'm first on your list if you ever decide to sell it, right?

Best wishes,

DSS
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know you're kidding, but I wouldn't sell this for anything as this is NOT a regular AB. This is an investment piece. This is the closest to a film hat that will ever be available. I haven't even put it on my head. I don't want to soil the liner. It's staying in my AB hatbox. In 20-30 years who knows what this hat will be worth.

deadseascrolls

Hey Junior! Indeed, I was kidding - both about the ad and being on your list. I agree with you fully that I also would never sell it if I had that opportunity. And who knows, someday you may even come across Harrison Ford himself and get the liner signed! Now THAT would make it an investment.

Check out this website: http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ad.php?t=60076

The fellow on there bought an actual screen-used fedora and had a really nice display case made for it. If I may suggest, and if you have the funds for it, I think your hat deserves the same treatment. Now I know it all depends upon personal preference and finances so it's only an idea thrown out there. It would then serve you better so you could keep it out of the dust and elements and yet enjoy it everyday instead of it being in a box. But I'm guilty as well - I bought a Nowak CS jacket that's currently in very specified climate-controlled storage as an investment like you. With Tony now gone (may he rest in peace), these jackets should rise in value. Not that it matters to me - I'd rather have the guy back than worry about if a jacket's going to be more valuable now that he's gone. But I really can't enjoy it as I don't want to wear it and nobody seems to be offering theirs up for sale and you can't have one made anymore, at least not from the guy himself. A hat is more easy to make a display for than a jacket.

But do as you feel comfortable. That's the important thing. If you are storing it though, may I suggest wrapping it in muslin cloth. This cloth is the preferred covering on mannequin stands in museums as it absorbs moisture, keeping the garment (or hat) itself dry. And even in climate-controlled areas, there is still the chance of it getting "some" moisture.

Anyways, congrats once again! And thanks for the reply.

I know what you mean about the CS jacket. I ordered mine the week the film came out and got it 2 weeks later. In August of last year I had Tony replace the lining at the pocket so i wouldn't have any writing on it. I wanted it to look like the film jacket. He also took the leather label off the back too. Little did I know he was going to leave us too soon. I haven't worn it since as it's too valuable now.

But I like your ideas for display. I was thinking of having the bag, hat, jacket, whip, and gun in a display case since they are ,more or less, the REAL DEAL.

bendingoak

Left the writing and label in mine. I will be wearing this f*** out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast