If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    deadseascrolls

Re: Quest for the Indiana Jones Trousers

Quote:

Peter did bring trousers and shirts during the "discussions" , but I think they instead patterned them from the clothes in the archives. The shirt was made by Antons of Beverley Hills, but you won't be able to get an EXACT repro because they must have signed some kind of agreement with the production. They have the patterns and fabric samples. I already asked about getting a shirt in the past and they would charge $400. And this is for their version not an EXACT REPLICA. As to the pants Western Costume could have made them in house, but they could have outsourced them too.

I'm curious to know more about the shirts mentioned in this quote written by Junior. Does anybody have Antons phone number by chance? I've googled it but don't seem to find a website for their business and the phone numbers I've found (1-310-657-7574) bring up a fax machine "scream". Any more info on the shirts used in CS would be appreciated. And Junior, if you're reading this, I'd like to hear more from you sir as you've peaked my interest. Lastly, any contact info would be appreciated as well as I'd like to contact them about the fabric they used and if it's possible to "buy" some.

Thanks!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

nepharious had contact with the shirtmaker for KOTCS

deadseascrolls

RC, thank you for chiming in! I'm doing snoopy dances right now thanks to you!!!

Nepharious - if you're out there, I'd LOVE to talk with you some more! :P

Thanks all! I just can't say it enough.

DSS

deadseascrolls

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay on this as I've been busy.

As a request by Platon, I am ECSTATIC to inform all of you who are looking for wonderful reproduction (and SA) Indiana Jones trousers in 100% wool Cavalry Twill the following:

"Hi,

The news is that I f found a tailor at a convenient distance from my office.
    I am going to give him my MBA pants and ask to copy exactly with the exception of the pocket flap which has to be same with the pevious versions of my Paris pants.

If he succeeds in the copy, then I will start offering LC pants immediately and I will order Rotla fabric from the mill to start offering the Raiders pants.

I estimate this to happen around mid October,

You can let the guys know if you want."

This comes from Platon himself. Now if only mid-October would come sooner!

Thanks Platon! Can't wait to put in my order!!!!

~DSS~

This is excellent! I can't wait to see what comes of this. It is always good to have more options for our gear. If this works out I may be one of your first customers.

deadseascrolls

Hello Dr. Jones (boy I wish I could say that to Harrison in person)!

I'm sure you were speaking about being Platon's customer, but in case any clarification needs to be made, I'll do so now:

Platon is the one offering these trousers. I've just been in communication and been "gently" nudging him to pick up the hobby again. While it would be an honor to be partners with him and be the official US branch for the trousers, that has not happened yet and I'm not sure if Platon would be interested in me being so. If he would, I'd be HONORED.

But just to clarify again - I'm just the messenger on this for him. I have no affiliations with Platon on orders or anything. All that must go through him.

Thanks Dr. Jones and I agree - I can't wait for them either! The trousers are EXTREMELY hard to come by in 100% wool cavalry twill and as everyone knows, I've done an extensive amount of searching already for the fabric. Platon has some really good in's with fabric mills and from what I've seen thus far, his fabric is spot on! I think Platon will find the most benefit in TOD/LC/and CS fans as we just simply have no accurate trouser replicas AT ALL! Todd's in the process now of making a wonderful trouser but he has stated it will be solely in the Raiders color. And Magnoli has just started offering a Cavalry Twill that caters more towards the Raiders look as well. So having someone that has the right colors and right fabrics will be great! Plus, if I know Platon from what our conversations have entailed, not only will you end up with a great quality fabric and design, but a great price as well!

If anyone has any questions on trousers, fabric, etc. Please feel free to contact me and I'll try to answer them or send them on to someone I know can help.

~DSS~

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Way to go Platon! I'm happy to see you be able to get this project off the ground, I know it as been a long goal of yours.

deadseascrolls

For those of you who "need" a pair of trousers NOW, I've come across two places in the UK that carry nice "close enoughs".

1. Cording
    They have a wonderful 100% wool cavalry twill trouser in a fawny tan color. I've never seen the fabric and it's not looking too good either on getting the swatch sample I asked for sent to me. However, for 155 pounds, they will put in double-pleats, and hem the trousers to any length you desire. The trousers come with button-fly, so the only thing that may need changing is the position of the belt loops (I don't know). And of course, you'll need to (or have a tailor) put the back pocket flaps on. If you're like me and wear a 30" inseam, the 36" unhemmed that these trousers come in I think will yield enough extra fabric left over to make them. If not, this is where the price adds up as you will undoubtedly either have to ask them for enough scraps to make them, or else buy another pair to cut up.

2. William Powell

They are offering a discontinued 100% wool Cavalry Twill trouser in a Beige/Pink color. They come with a single pleat and zip fly, which means there will be a lot of extra tailoring to do to make these screen accurate. On the bright side, they are only 55 pounds a piece if you can find the size you're looking for so buying two pair (one for the extra fabric needed) won't be a wallet buster. Their longs are 33" so I'd recommend buying long so that you have enough fabric for the hem size you want. Unfortuantely, I wear a size 34 and the closest size they have in Long is 40 and my tailor said it won't work to convert that size into my size, even after the addition of pleats., etc. But check them out as I'm almost convinced from my research that the CS trousers are a beige color.

Best of luck to all of you!

~DSS~

deadseascrolls

I know what you're thinking - "why is he taking over this thread?!"

I do apologize but wanted to ask if anyone has large swatches of leftover fabric laying around from their Wested trousers after hemmings? I'm looking for enough to have my tailor make some more SA back pocket flaps for mine and I'm afraid after the hemming, there wasn't enough to do the job.

If anyone has leftovers and wants to get rid of them, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will reimburse you for postage to me, be you US OR International.

Thanks!

~DSS~

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

More news.

I might have found the CS color! I am waiting to receive the samples soon.

Anyone can post here some CS pants photo just for quick reference?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast