Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: COW Dishonesty

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Re: COW Dishonesty

it's a total waste of time having to deal with COW mods and their issues

I was looking at the "is this the Raiders cotton jacket" thread on COW, and all of Patterson's posts have been deleted, so it doesn't make any sense anymore., because members make comments to post that are no longer there.

Anyway, so how does anyone know there was a cotton jacket used or made for Raiders?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Someone at COW (I can't remember his "name" but I think he was a librarian or curator of a military museum) said that he had received a call from Ford as Ford was researching a film role he was considering (this turned out to be Tom Hank's role in "Saving Private Ryan" IIRC). They had talked for over an hour and the poster says he talked a bit with Ford about Indy. The jacket came up and Ford recalled that the jacket he wore during the chase scenes (or maybe just swinging into the water? I can't remember now) was cloth.

I believe this is the germ for Patterson's claims that the Hovitos chase jacket was cloth.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

That story came from Alphared6. He is curator of the 45th Infantry museum in Ok City. He relayed the story that Ford called him one day, doing research into this infantry participation in WWII, and asked for books, or names of books we could research. Mike said he pulled some books off the shelf in their bookstore, who paid for them I don't know, and he sent them to the address Ford provided at Paramount. He said they discussed the jacket, and Ford told him that the jacket used in the Hovitos chase scene was cloth, because it held fuller's earth better. There are questions as to the validity of this story. Cloth would have meant a tie in with the supposed WC mock up, the implication is that there was one and that it actually saw screen time, if any of this is true. A few months after the books were sent to Paramount, he said that he received a jacket from the same Paramount address with a thank you note from a rep of Ford, that his wife has worn every year since. The lingering question is if he did receive a jacket from Paramount, what was its origin, its maker.

This is the root of the cloth jacket legend. It originated from Alph.
    Last edited by IMyourGDpartner; 10-09-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: addition

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

I don't believe there was a cloth mock up. I don't know alph so I wouldn't want to say he's lying. But I don't know..did you know him well. Could it have been one of Pattersons many aliases.

There really is an Alph. I've spoke to him at the museum. I don't know if they enlisted him to spin this story or not, but he was a regular, then shortly after the cloth jacket mock up he disappeared from the forum, too busy he said. I pm'd him a few times, and he responded by saying that he had published so many books and I replied by saying...that's alota' BS (BS for his fiction books), Alph! you think they (his readers) are going to buy ALL that..? He never answered.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456