If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Indyfans and the Quest for Fortune and Glory - Has anyone seen this movie?

Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Re: Has anyone seen this movie?

I'll definitely have to check it out.

Wonder who I'll recognize?
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Rented it, saw it. Wish I hadn't. There are several people on the cover that will look familiar, but they have all been left out of the program! I find the whole thing an insult to Indy Fans. Lots of fluff and scantily clad women in Dorfmans.

The redeeming factor is one of the special features, in which Anthony DeLongis talks about whip use, including realistic ways of fighting with one.
    Making people uncomfortable since 1973!

Thanks Chewie.
    Who produced it do you know?

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

Apart from the scantily clad girlies. Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about the doco?

Is this a 'Witness' board hang over?
    "Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

I wonder if the Vic Armstrong and Deb Nadoolman interviews were interesting/worthwhile.

I've read the reviews comments on Amazon but they aren't really worth much, and the short intro video isn't too inspiring.

Not sure who produced it, but apparently several members from our flip-side knew the guy. He basically assured everyone that he was going to do a feature on all aspects of the Fan Community, including a great deal about us gearheads (what we do, why we do it, and the influence we've had). However, we were completely cut out, and the focus shifted to little kids, men in halloween costumes, theater and convention crowds, and sexy models with looks on there faces that said "Just smile and wave. It'll all be over soon." Like I said, lots of fluff. No real "information." It was less a documentary and more of an extended Entertainment Tonight feature - empty, fleeting, and totally lacking in anything you would actually want to know about the subject. I was greatly disappointed, and I was already braced for the fact that it was junk.

It's been a while since I saw it, so I'm fuzzy on the details. I do recall that the Nadoolman and Armstrong stuff was nothing we haven't heard many times before. Which isn't to say it wasn't decent. Just very old news to those of us in the hobby, or even just own the dvds.

Still, if you haven't seen DeLongis' recent TV appearances on Discovery channel and the like, his bit is worth the rental (or purchase at a rental price). I may buy the dvd someday just for that.
    Making people uncomfortable since 1973!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

I hate to hear that. I was hoping for something actual informative.

Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Re: Indyfans and the Quest for Fortune and Glory - Has anyone seen this movie?

i bought the dvd when my local hollywood video went out of business (got it for 4.99). it's just a fan who loved indiana jones and went on to make a fan docu. nothing of real substance , just him going around and getting info from fans perspectives . its a nice thing to watch when you are completely bored .
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.