Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

TOD Jacket (2 jackets used in Temple of Doom including the ROTLA Prototype Jacket)

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Re: a Behind the Scenes Temple of Doom jacket photo

Thanks for posting this, RC. I love finding these behind the scenes pics. Sometimes you can tell a lot from these things (using the dark arts of picture studying).
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Yes, that's a great shot of the hat. You can see from this angle how low the hat is creased in front -equal to the back! This is what creates that unique Temple hat look. The Raiders and Last Crusade hat have a higher crease in the front than the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jones
    Yes, that's a great shot of the hat. You can see from this angle how low the hat is creased in front -equal to the back! This is what creates that unique Temple hat look. The Raiders and Last Crusade hat have a higher crease in the front than the back.

See? That just shows the differences. I like the hat and am interested in it, but it's a distant second to the jacket. You notice the hat immediately and I'm going "Look at those are creases on that jacket. They distressed the heck out of that one! Look how tight it is!"

Yeah, I was always a hat guy. I never even noticed his jacket until I got to the forums...

look at the hat closely........it almost looks like there is a teardrop crown bash in her.....i can't tell if the shot was from the beginning or the end of the movie.....i'm guessing the beginning because there is no bandage on his hand.

you think ford was fighting the taper monster in those scenes?
    currently on day 9 of my "20 days in the cooler".

I'm thinking that jacket (tighter fit and more wrinkled sleeves) was used in the second village scene that was filmed first (if that makes sense). Maybe they just hadn't put the bandage on yet?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

You mean Nef, the D-P is correct after all?

I see the little shadow you are seeing in the back top crown inside the center crease, Nef, but that isn't a teardrop bash. The "V" at the back crease is way too sharp for there to be one. If there were, you would see an indentation on the opposite side (one nearest the camera) as well. I believe what you are seeing is just a slight dent in that side of the crown from wear and tumble to the hat during scenes.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table Kt Templar's Avatar

Ah, TC can tell you ALL about the DP.....

"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast