Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

My Steele & Jones Cazadora 36 Raiders Jacket

Hi

I just received post Christmas my New Steele & Jones Raiders jacket ..... I asked for similar/same leather as the S&J's Temple Jacket ... i''l remind you by posting this image of that one

And these are the images of the brand new jacket taken by Diego for me as it was about to be packaged up ...

I love it ... its superb as i expected. I've been caught up with a lot of stuff post Christmas and kids etc as we all are so i'de not had time to do any distressing on it until the other night. I don't have images yet but i will be posting soon. As its a Raiders this time around the distressing will be a little more subdued than the Temple jacket but its getting there. Hot Water etc and she's nearly there.

The Quality as always from Diego is superb. He offered me the chance of Horsehide also in two formats. Not being familiar with the hides in question i shied away but he sent swatches with the jacket and i have to stay both the other hides would be absolutely excellent also .. i stuck with cow hide as i liked it on my Temple jacket and wanted them to match. Again quality is superb. service is superb .. what more can i add and again the feel and lightness of the leather makes it very easy going in hot weather ... brilliant

More images to follow soon

thanks again Diego ... i love it!
    Anything can happen doll. its a long way to Delhi!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: My Steele & Jones Cazadora 36 Raiders Jacket

Nice! Can't wait to see what it looks like once your done distressing it. Congrats on your new jacket ! ! ! Great leather for a Raiders.

Thank you so much Al!!!
    Always a pleasure!

Looking foward to the pictures.
    Kind regards.-

So here are some quick images of the Jacket with a weeks wear and some limited distressing on it ...

Front Open

Front Zipped

Back

Last edited by The Character; 02-01-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Honestly..to me, both this Raiders jacket and the TOD look as close to looking like it came right off the screen as one can get. And it's made of cowhide no less. Well done you two

Thanks for that ..

its still a little shiny compared to the TOD even though the hide is exactly the same ... i put some AutoGlym leather feed on it straight after the distressing which got rubbed in liberally and not sparingly so its probably a build up of that which is causing the slight shine. I love both these jackets ... As you say all the more surprising as they are cow hide but i have to say they are way cooler to wear than my wested's ... lighter and airier.

If i did have to go find a Temple in South America i know which jackets i'd be taking! lol

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Very nice distressing job there

It's no secret, but enough can't be said about the thinness of the leather being so critical to it looking like the screen jacket with the drape and wrinkles. I got one Diego had made in a one off antique type cowhide. Thinnest leather I have ever had in a jacket.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 02-03-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Too true .. As you say the thinness is key and being an 'old git' i remember from back in the 80's leather jackets were all super thin ... it was obviously the trend. I'm not a fan in any way of heavier hides or thicker hides because of exactly that .. they seriously do affect the drape. Also they retain the heat which when i'm doing any type of exertion whatsoever means i sweat like a badger! One of the big things i like about these two is i can layer up with a T and a jersey or sweat shirt and still wear the jacket.

I suspect these changes in supply and fashion are exactly why a decade later Last Crusade's jacket looks a lot less mobile seems quite a bit more rigid and then why another 25 years on KOTCS's jacket looks like a bullet proof vest! ..i guess its the trend.

I'd love to see some pictures of your Steele & Jones if you still have it ....