If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones Cover

Great job!
    Very nice cover lokks like vintage!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

The color is very nice and really adds to the enjoyment of the comic! However, we need to talk about the cover. It says, 'The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones'. But, it looks like it would be the cover to 'The Stones of Lost Time' story as it appears to show a preview scene to 'The Stones of Lost Time' story. I'm assuming you're planning on having more stories than 'The Stones of Lost Time', so I'm wondering if this is the cover to that story or if it's the general cover for all stories to come for 'The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones'. I'm guessing that you would want to add the name of the story to the cover, so I thought I'd ask.

Also, do you want me to add the cover and the insert into the first post in 'The Stones of Lost Time' thread?

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Yes, I'd like you to add it to the op of the 'Stones of Lost Time' thread if you would. Thanks!

The series, since I hope this will be an ongoing thing, is called 'The Secret Chronicles of Indiana Jones', and will I hope feature many different stories, so 'The Stones of Lost Time' is the first story in the series. I will confirm this with Crisman since he's the wordsmith on this project, but I have in mind that the first story will be released in four episodes of 8 to 10 pages each. Since the average off the shelf comic back in the day (don't know if it's still true since I haven't bought a new comic in over 20 years) was about 20 pages if you subtracted the ads and editorials, two episodes would make a complete comic and therefore there would be a cover every two episodes.

The cover will traditionally serve to highlight some dramatic scene from the current story and give readers a taste of what to expect, while the splash page on the inside will introduce the title of the current story and episode as well as credits to the creators.

Done. What I'm missing is that I don't understand why the cover doesn't say anything about being the 'Stones of Lost Time' story.

Quote Originally Posted by neutronbomb View Post
    Done. What I'm missing is that I don't understand why the cover doesn't say anything about being the 'Stones of Lost Time' story.
    Your talking about a cover blurb! See the lovely Keith Pollard FOAIJ.

The average comic is 22 pages with 10 page of ads. So I would aim of batches of 11 pages and every 2 submission would make a comic.

I think Weston's cover is done really well. Maybe it doesn't need a blurb. The cover itself does the job of showing it's a new story and then the inset and information page does the rest. I like that now that I think about it more.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-29-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theindianajonesarchive View Post

I remember that issue. The silliest part of it was that the bulk of the comic takes place around Indy's college campus/town, so Indy is dressed in a suit. Yet, when the villain is about to make her getaway, Indy actually bothers to stop at home and change into his gear, wasting valuable time.

Must have been some kind of clause that he couldn't appear without his trademarks at some point in every issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12