If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Open Discussion regarding Penman Hats status as a vendor on F&G

I'm not going to be able to appease you 5th. What I can do is explain how it works, what the guidelines are, and how they are applied. Everyone has the equal opportunity to embrace them. Even you. Even John Penman.

fifthchamber

Yep yep......

I knew you wouldn't have the screenshots...And that was a cheap shot by me, I did it just to prove my point....

You NEED to have a system in place where these kind of things are open and able to be read/checked by the rest of the forum, otherwise you get one man's word against the other, and obviously, if one member is you/moderator? They'll "win"....So....That system needs to be thought about. It's clearly a failure as it stands now.......

What illness did John have as well? I'm sorry to keep repeating this, but it's not been answered just yet, and I feel it's rather important to know...

I don't think its a good idea to post personal info about someone else. I think John would prefer to keep a little dignity and not have his illness - whatever it is - announced to the world! I understand that reference was made toward it but that may have been a mistake as well. Maybe John himself would be willing to tell you personally as a friend and if not then I am certain he doesn't want it displayed on these pages!

Again, just because it was mentioned I don't agree that we need to know EVERYTHING! Its pretty clear already without making it worse.... Its really not the purpose of this forum to delve into personal issues. Yes I understand things were said but I think that the issue concerning the topic of this thread has been answered. I really think John would just prefer this to be over...I know I would.

I don't see the point of leaving for everyones view a post containing insults.
    Insults must be deleted, and not permited.

If you are a person who respects other people, you will express without insulting.
    So, no part of your post will be deleted. Simple, isn't?

I'm going to clarify a few points, and after this post, I'm out of this thread.

* I'm not a moderator in this forum. I can't edit or remove any post. Not even mine.

* I didn't pushed this thread. If were up to me, this thread would have never existed.

* I have NO personal or professional issue or agenda against John Penman. Nothing.

Members who believe differently than this, didn't read and thought about my posts. They just believe whatever they want, or whatever others tell them.-

bendingoak

I have no mental illness, nor have I ever had and mental illness. This is yet another made up thing by this site. The post that neutron posted that I cursed and threaten is again another made up post by him.

I asked to have posts of me and my hat company removed. Please do so. I will no longer support this place.
    Last edited by bendingoak; 08-03-2015 at 06:10 PM.

I told John he could make his one post with no consequences. So I will let it stand. Despite it again violating posting guidelines. In this instance he directed it at myself. However, over multiple threads and multiple posts it has been explained in excruciating detail why he cannot state as fact what he continuously does. That behavior is not tolerated. Not at other vendors and not at other members.

Now John has spoken for himself. Everyone has had their opportunity to express their views. Unless posts are inline with the stated purpose of the thread, I'm not going to allow them. Fair warning.

bendingoak

So it doesn't go against your guidelines to make up phony illness about someone?

That's not the case John and you know it. You yourself have mentioned this yourself in the past and have discussed it with others. My heart goes out to you. However, I will not allow what you've been through to dictate calling members and vendors liars to their face and posting such in public on our site. The persecution complex has to stop. There's no big conspiracy against you. Because someone questions your product does not mean they have some alternative motive or some secret agenda.

For you to state to all in your posts that were edited that what is really going on is that specific vendors and members started this thread to get rid of you amongst several other accusations is wrong of you. It is slandering their character when it is 100% untrue. It is 100% your paranoia John. Or PTSD. Whatever you wish to call it. John many of us know what you've experienced. When I edited your posts it was to let you know why.

I believe the site has been extremely tolerant of how you've conducted yourself with interacting with other members and vendors. We give you a break.

And here's the thing John. We all know how important making hats are to you. Again, you've shared the background with us. Nobody here hates you. In fact, everyone here loves you. Including me. I remember when Tony had me with him at his booth and yours was nearby. It was obvious in your set up that you take great pride in your work. My father presents in very much the exact same way in lashing out when he feels people are questioning him or in his mind "attacking" him, etc. I love him too. But, sometimes I have to step in stop the behavior especially when it's happening in public.

Now there are a few things about F&G that maybe I incorrectly assumed you knew. And if so, I apologize for that. On here we are allowed to ask questions of our vendors and to question what they present as gear facts. We are allowed open and free discussion. And we are allowed to make up our own minds.

I already made you a promise via PM. I promised that what you maliciously stated about others in your posts was 100% incorrect. John, it absolutely wasn't true. None of what you accused them of is true and it was wrong of you to post what you did.

I and only I started this thread. It seemed like a good idea at the time. There are businesses everywhere and associations, etc that end a relationship or association with someone because of that person's conduct or actions. The NFL, subway, etc. I explained the purpose of the thread in my first post. That really is the purpose John. I told you before that we don't play the games your used to from COW. So what I told you is true. Nobody's lying to you or trying to pull some nasty trick on you.

Every single post on this thread was in support of you and your relationship with Steve. Every single one.

And on one other note John. When I saw your Facebook page where a customer returned a hat because of something you stand for. I felt outrage on behalf of you. So in this case, just know guaranteed that no one else is involved with this thread. It really did seem like a good idea at the time, and for that I'm sorry.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-03-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

I think what 5th is saying is it would have been better to not have deleted Johns post but instead posted the warning of guideline violation. Even if warning has been given before, that way no one could react to the "appearance" of disappearing, admin moderated posts. There would be no questions and no appearance of "COW" manship.

edited for typos and clarity
    Last edited by RCSignals; 08-03-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011