Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Myth Hunters

Myth Hunters

Started watching Myth Hunters on Netflix. On episode 3 - King Solomon's Mines. This show is really good, much better than Ancient Aliens. First 2 episodes were about Noah's Ark and the Spear of Destiny. Very much an Indy inspired show and the stories are well put together with historical facts. I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Myth Hunters

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out. Been looking for something since walking dead's season ended.

Re: Myth Hunters

I had never heard of the Amber Room. This episode was very intriguing. Apparently, Hitler had the Amber Room taken down and hidden away in Germany with many of the other treasures he confiscated during the 1930's. The Amber Room is as described:

"One of the greatest treasures ever made by man: an entire room forged of exquisite amber, from its four massive walls to its finely crafted furniture. But it is also the subject of one of history's most intriguing mysteries. Originally commissioned in 1701 by Frederick I of Prussia, the Room was later perfected Tsarskoe Selo, the Russian imperial city. In 1941, German troops invaded the Soviet Union, looting everything in their wake and seizing the Amber Room. When the Allies began the bombing of Germany in August 1944, the Room was hidden. And despite the best efforts of treasure hunters and art collectors from around the world, it has never been seen again".

Speaking of the Nazi's, the episode on Heinrich Himmler, who was apparently obsessed with finding the Holy Grail, was also quite good. I had never heard the story of Otto Rahn, who was recruited by Himmler to search for the grail. Himmler made him an SS officer in the Nazi regime and funded numerous expeditions to uncover the grail. Very interesting story.

Good stuff.