If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Re: The Imam Jacket (2 of 3 jackets used in ROTLA)

Or, if not longer, it certainly seems to have wider shoulders. The main hero generally appears to have the shoulder seams sitting more or less on Fords shoulders. The Imam jacket in comparison has the oversized shoulders seen of the Wested Hero

World Traveler Knight of the Round Table

Here is the Hawaii/Iman jacket pictures.

Iman/Hawaii Jacket

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    Or, if not longer, it certainly seems to have wider shoulders. The main hero generally appears to have the shoulder seams sitting more or less on Fords shoulders. The Imam jacket in comparison has the oversized shoulders seen of the Wested Hero
    Finally! I thought I was the only one that saw this. The Hero shoulders definitely aren't as baggy as the IMAN jacket. I think they look a little baggy because of how the jacket is constructed with that "off the shoulders" fall back which cause the shoulders to look droopy on the "HERO" while on the "IMAN" they are a droopier shoulder.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    15 & 16 are of the main hero jacket (2nd pit jump right before out before the lock. Compare collar to #4 of your main hero photo album. Plus left collarstand of the jacket has the buttcrack crease per gunslinger). 28 is the prototype (running from hovitos into rope swing into river). 29 is likely the main hero (jacket in briefcase). 30, 31, and 32 is the main hero (all raven bar scenes is of the main hero).

I'm not convinced the imam is made wider in the shoulders than the main hero. To me they look the same and the way it is being worn makes either one look baggy in the shoulders.

Excellent job in capturing and posting all these pics and of the main hero too in your other post. Thank you.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 07-18-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Re: The Imam Jacket

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but I've just reread this entire thread and the "Shrunken Myth" thread as well and I did not find any talk on the subject. Is is just me or does the leather in the following picture appear to be smooth plain lambskin rather than the straited lamb? I know there's been extensive research on the Main Hero having been made from straited bubbly lambskin (I'm a believer), but in the following shot, apart from some well placed distressing, the jacket doesn't appear to have any ribbiness/striations/bubbles generally associated with SL.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

I think the problem is much detail is washed out with many of these photos. So, this particular thread is to show where The Imam Jacket is in the film. Then, we can go to those scenes/appearances and check to see what different lighting, camera angles, etc. shows us.

Here are a couple of examples:

Last edited by neutronbomb; 03-18-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Re: Smallville Jacket

NB, I have nothing but the upmost respect for you. Are you suggesting that I start a different thread to discuss the different types of leather used on the Raider's jackets?
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

No. There's already a thread going on that topic http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threa...jacket-leather

Feel free to jump into the quicksand with the rest of us
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 03-18-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ĒneutronbombĒ
    Yes the Imam Jacket is the temple jacket
    Iím intrigued by the zipper and collar evidence you gentlemen have offered up, but I do disagree with one assertion. Iím reasonably certain that the Hawaii/temple jacket is not the Imam jacket.

There is a straight and unbroken seam along the top of the Imam jacket collar stand, while itís evident the Hawaii jacketís collar attachment to the collar stand is somewhat crooked.

Here is a comparison of the Imam collar with two different hi-res close-ups of the Hawaii collar:

Although the angles are somewhat different, itís clear that the details of the collar to stand interface are dissimilar. The end of the collar stand on the Hawaii does not extend straight outward as on the Imam, and the collar seems noticeably bulky at the collar stand attachment, unlike the Imam.

The Hawaii close-ups are from larger versions of these two shots; they were not upscaled for the comparison, but were cropped from higher native resolution versions:

Here is a different close-up shot of the Hawaii jacket collar:

And the Imam collar:

Last edited by neutronbomb; 05-19-2015 at 03:57 AM.

A zipper gap comparison of the Imam and Hawaii jackets for the side opposite the storm flap:

Last edited by neutronbomb; 05-19-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Hi Mac. Thank you for your posts. I really appreciate someone jumping in and giving a good hard look at my analysis on these identifications as I've only had myself to try and poke holes in it all these years.

Just a quick bye the bye, I haven't overlooked what you are bringing up or the photos and comparisons you are using. I have spent way too many hours even for a hobby poring over those very same issues and addressed and taken them into consideration

I am very confident that they are indeed the same jacket. But, the debate/discussion is very welcome. Even if it's only for others to have another persons input to consider.

I've posted all of my analysis that led me to identifying the Imam's jacket as the jacket used in the Hawaii scene you are referring to in your compares in the Imam jacket thread. I'll move these last two posts of yours and this one to that thread later today so we can continue the discussion and so that all of the compares surrounding the identification of the Imam jacket is in one place. Unless for some reason you feel it directly impacts the point and conclusion of this thread.

Oh. Also, gunslinger and I had a knock down drag out friendly fight about what you are bringing up in your last post in his Tracking jackets used in Raiders thread. You may be interested in checking those posts out too. I don't think I copied them over to the Imam jacket thread.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 05-19-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast