If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TOD Jacket

TOD Jacket

Anyone got a Wested TOD? How do you like it? Is it SA?

Post from Mr. Peter Botwright concerning the "TOD" jacket and his "LC/CS" jacket

This was taken from another board from a post that Peter made in thread concerning members hoping another company would offer "TOD" and "LC" jackets. Was posted yesterday.

"The Temple of doom jacket I do not like
    I make it if asked but the pockets are to small to put the hands in and the cut only suits small people.
    [mod edit]
    Last crusade is a different story and if you want the big collar 'Hero' model it is possible but I am not keen.
    When I went to Western costumes for the start of make for CS I took a LC jacket with me only to be
    told it was wrong and should look like an LC jacket they already (not mine) had so the LC collar was reduced.
    That is why I sell the LC and CS jacket as the same.
    Cheers
    Peter

[mod edit] — Peter, things are calming down here. Open baiting is not welcome."

Interesting stuff. Would like to hear from Peter concerning that whole issue with Western Costumes and the "LC' jacket that was already in Western Costumes possession. As for that whold "mod edit" thing...don't know what happened there but...

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Re: Post from Mr. Peter Botwright concerning the "TOD" jacket and his "LC/CS"

Baiting not welcome.... What senses of humour those guys have....

Re: Post from Mr. Peter Botwright concerning the "TOD" jacket and his "LC/CS" jacket

That's all well and good. But Peter needs to realize (and maybe he does) that the fans want a no muss, no fuss Last Crusade jacket that looks like the one on screen. Not a jacket where they have to spec. out their own pockets, collars, etc. He has produced such nice ones that I think he could rather easily come up with a LC Hero and say, "Here it is. You can adjust sleeve and back length and that's it." Like he did with the Raiders Hero. I wager he'd sell a bunch by the interest shown both here and there.

Edited to add: Peter, I don't know whether you'll read this, but Bill Kelso and Logan's Closet are releasing their Hero versions of the LC jacket. I'd buy one from the original maker in a heartbeat as I, and probably many others, think it makes it a bit more special to buy it from the same company that made what we see in the movie.

Leamas
    Searching for my grail...the perfect Last Crusade jacket.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Re: Post from Mr. Peter Botwright concerning the "TOD" jacket and his "LC/CS"

I agree with you but I suppose the question from peter's point of view is what percentage of his customers care that much? Is it a factor that's likely to effect his business (I've no idea about the level of his sales)? Is it stopping a few people buying out of hundreds or is it a bigger factor?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

Re: Post from Mr. Peter Botwright concerning the "TOD" jacket and his "LC/CS" jacket

Quote Originally Posted by djd
    I agree with you but I suppose the question from peter's point of view is what percentage of his customers care that much? Is it a factor that's likely to effect his business (I've no idea about the level of his sales)? Is it stopping a few people buying out of hundreds or is it a bigger factor?
    Agreed. I think we often forget that what is a huge deal to us is a probably an insignificant detail to 99% of the population.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table K-Wad's Avatar

I think the first part of his message was addressed to me as I was asking why he never made an off the rack TOD.

As for the Mod edits, I'm sure Peter took a couple of swings at Patterson. He always does!
    If anyone deserves to knock that fat liar on his ass, it would be Peter.

fifthchamber

Quote Originally Posted by crismans
    Quote Originally Posted by djd
    Agreed. I think we often forget that what is a huge deal to us is a probably an insignificant detail to 99% of the population.
    Hehe...I think it's also very easy to forget (or straight not care! ), that the world's population is (now) 6,840,507,003...So, 1% of that would be 6,840,507.... And that's probably about 4,000,000 people more than we could EVER get together and have explain why an LC jacket is different to a Raiders one...Even optimistically...

Even assuming Peter has about 300,000 customers a year, 3000 of us? Is probably still a push...

I'm guessing it's such an amazingly tiny number it's almost worth placing next to a "%" mark....Like my penis size... (Best kept off numbers..)..LOL

.......My head hurts now..I'm going to sit down....(And just IMAGINE being the 6,840,507,003rd person born!!)..Sheesh...Pressure....

Re: The Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Jacket

Got 5 of them .. well 3 now and they are cool ...
    Anything can happen doll. its a long way to Delhi!

Is Wested Leather no longer selling "Temple of Doom" jacket?

When browsing the Wested Leather website, I noticed that the "Temple of Doom" jacket under the custom section was no longer there. I emailed Wested Leather to clarify the situation. If and/or when a response is provided, I will update the status of the jacket.

Also contacted "Kt Templar", whom has a great relationship with Wested Leather, hoping he can clarify the situation.

Would be a shame if Wested Leather discontinued production of the jacket since they are the only vendor, so far, offering that jacket.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast