If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Teaser: Project RAIDERS II

so to continue on ...

Wear wise after a couple of weeks its softening down really nicely ...
    Comfort wise its awesome .. like wearing a feather and terrifically cool in the heat ... now we know why Cowboys wear leather! ...
    The distressing does have to be done very carefully .. the thinner hide makes the stitching furrows less shallow (it seems) so care must be taken NOT to pop stitches ...
    The underlying earthy tones really suit the TOD look and that darker surface gives a great contrast .. I hit it post distressing with a bunch of fullers earth for LFCC so thats kinda got stuck in the stitch lines ...

- - - Updated - - -

As a comparison here is my Wested TOD oil pulled .. its around 3 years old...

- - - Updated - - -

Visually although i love both i'd have to say the S&J's is edging it on the overall look for TOD ... the Thinness of the hide seems to be key
    Anything can happen doll. its a long way to Delhi!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Incredible

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

May very well be the best overall look to the jacket on film that I've seen to date. You could also make ROTLA jackets out of this all day long.
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 08-11-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks to all and NB.

Trying not to sound arrogant.
    But I'm 100% sure this is the best and truest ToD pattern ever.

With all due respect to other makers.

I want lie, I did a deep analysis on my Wested's ToD.
    It's a great jacket, but some nuances from the original were missing.

So, I tried to fill those gaps.
    It was try and error. Until I figured out.-

I have to say its a great jacket. A lot of effort went into it on Diego's side only for me to then mess up and distress/degrade it. If you're not familiar with the black art of distressing i'd definitely vouch for the option of having Diego pre-distress it for you. I had to spend twice as long with this one than anything before and had to use a slightly rougher grade of 250 and then a 180 on key areas to get the correct ripping effect on some of the surface areas.

Its a very good point NB you make about the raiders jacket option as well .. i hadn't thought of that but i do believe you're onto something now that the theory of a reused Raiders jacket is coming more front and centre ...
    Anything can happen doll. its a long way to Delhi!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456