If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Teaser: Project RAIDERS II

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Sigh. I knew this day would come, Diego. Neutronbomb's wife and mine need to form a support group.

Will you be able to offer them in the same lamb as your Raiders? Mild striations, etc.?
    Well, about that support group, please include my wife too!!! Just imagine the "words" I take for buying all that "crap" (vintage ribbons, vintage hats, various leather skins...)

We still have merino skins. But I don't know if I can pull the big parts (fronts, back panels, sleeves) with the smoothness required.
    I can take a look, then I'll tell you.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

That hide looks great

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

Sigh. I knew this day would come, Diego. Neutronbomb's wife and mine need to form a support group.

Will you be able to offer them in the same lamb as your Raiders? Mild striations, etc.?

Do you see striations (ribbiness) on the ToD jacket or do you just like striations?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

I recall seeing some ribby striations on it in multiple shots. Will have another look in a week when I've got access to my grabs.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Not to take this thread off topic of such a beautiful jacket but, in a thread about this same jacket project in that OTHER forum, the "knower" continues to push the BS write up by the faux "industry insider" of the "Temple of Doom" jacket while promoting US Wings with the Cooper connection which has not been proven fact. SMH.

Anyway, beautiful jacket "Indiego Jones".

That leather with a great "Last Crusade" pattern...IMHO, damn well close to perfection.

ADMIN: please delete the previous post of mine. This is the definitive. Thanks.-

A COW member asked:
    Curious, Diego. Ford said he didn't like to wear the ToD, Raiders II if you prefer. How does the ToD pattern differ in terms of the fit than the Raiders jacket, aesthetics aside?

My answer:

I don't know about Ford complain on the jacket.
    If the character doesn't wear the jacket on specific scenes, must be due to the script, I think

Now, about the pattern differences between RAIDERS and ToD jackets...
    Well, here I'm going to say something I've never read on any forum, anywhere.
    I had to work directly on pattern making, replicating as accurate as possible both jackets... (drum roll.....................................)
    Both jackets are almost identical.

Let me explain:
    * I can certainly imagine that the workshop that provided the ToD jackets had in hand original RAIDERS jacket/s.
    * Because, many features are identical.
    * BUT, I PRESSUME the workshop of the ToD jackets had this instructions from the production (maybe from the costume designer): "What we need is to replicate this jacket (RAIDERS), but change this list of specific features (pocket dimensions, collar dimensions, back lenght), so it looks a bit different"
    * The buckles, the bottom side vents, the non-sewed bottom of the jacket, are IMO all just ussual construction details of that leather workshop. They just have done it that way before.

Ok, now everyone can jump at my jugular for the blasphemy I've just said! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IfAdventureHasAName View Post
    Not to take this thread off topic of such a beautiful jacket but, in a thread about this same jacket project in that OTHER forum, the "knower" continues to push the BS write up by the faux "industry insider" of the "Temple of Doom" jacket while promoting US Wings with the Cooper connection which has not been proven fact. SMH.
    However, the COW staff make it clear on that all the statements are based on "word of mouth from the participants" and "no documented, non-corroborated info".

Having that clarification, everyone's free to believe whatever they want to believe.

I'm so happy with our jacket!!!!!

I think I'll be buying one from you too! Man that is beautiful and I need an appropriate ToD jacket to go with my ToD fedora.

UPDATE:

We've just ordered the last 18 black 2-claw trouser buckles, from the only source available. (BIG thanks to Indymassilia !!!!)
    They told us it will be no re-stock.

Now we have to wait for the post service to deliver...

Kind regards.-

I'd look on the Ribby Merino skins left (not much), and I'm sorry to say it's impossible to pull the smoothness required.
    Everything have too many striations.

But our thin distressed dark brown cowhide will surprise everyone...just wait to see it.
    Cheers.-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast