Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Raiders Taper

Raiders Taper

I have always been curious about this detail regarding the Raiders jacket. How much taper from the chest to the waist did the actual jacket have?

Have searched this forum and have found specifications that seem to contradict each other. I think most of us agree that the jacket had a total taper of about 2 inches, but I have found measurements that would otherwise be negatable. I understand that Tony Nowak supposedly had a screen used jacket in hand and when he took the measurements he got the following specifications. Chest: 22 1/5" Waist: 21 1/5"
    These are obviously half circumferences and when doubled, give a difference of 2 inches from chest to waist which would coincide with the theory of the jacket having a 2 inch taper, 1 inch on either side.

On the other hand. I have also found measurements here that don't quite seem to parallel. I found someone stating that the actual measurements were as follows. Chest: 22 1/2" Waist: 20 1/5". Now, this is where my confusion starts. When these measurements are doubled, the difference from chest to waist is 4 inches so that would mean a 4 inch taper with 2 inches on either side of the jacket?

This has always been a mystery to me because perhaps I am interpreting this wrongly. Does the jacket have a taper of 2 inches total with 1 inch on either side of the jacket or 4 inches total with 2 inches on either side? Thank you to all who try to help me understand this.
    Last edited by bdgsi11; 01-07-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Raiders Taper

http://www.fortuneandglory.org/forum...0%2F888+reboot

The 000/888 reboot thread along with discussing the Slydini and sparks jackets later on in the thread has the measurements as taken by Asiana Jones at the bottom of the first post. My measurements of 000/888 are below, taken over a 3 hour period of time, with Riley and Luis the sewer helping, multiple times, multiple tape measures, buckets of sweat and much cursing

000/888 measurements:
    1. Left Arm Seam to Yoke Seam: 1 3/4"
    2. Right Arm Seam to Yoke Seam: 1 1/2"
    3. Collar Stand Width: 1 1/8"
    4. Pleat Depth: 1 1/8"
    5. Left Yoke Edge Width: 2 3/4"
    6. Right Yoke Edge Width: 2 7/8"
    7. Middle Yoke Width: 4 3/4"
    8. Left and Right Pocket: 6 1/2" wide X 7 1/2" high
    9. Storm Flap Width: 1 5/8 to 1 3/4"
    10. Back Length: 22 1/2"
    (from bottom of collar stand)
    11. Storm Flap Length: 23" (from top of collar
    stand)
    12. Armpit across chest: 23 1/2"
    (material to material) (not seam to seam) (material extends
    just a bit past seams on both sides directly under armpit)
    13. Waist across bottom of jacket: 20 1/2"
    (material to material)
    14. Shoulder: 7"
    (shoulder seam to bottom of collar stand)
    (measured in a direct line between the two)
    15. Left Sleeve Length: 26 1/2"
    16.Right Sleeve Length: 26"
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 01-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.