Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Who Makes The Best Hamburger?

I think that most people would agree that the hamburger is the ultimate meal. So many versions to try and yet such a simple recipe; ground meat in a bun.

When travelling, the search for a good hamburger is always a challenge, so who makes the best hamburger where you live.

In Alberta, Canada where I live there is a restaurant chain called Earl's. Their burgers are made from fresh ground sirloin, so I've been told, and their buns made fresh every day. I have no pics to show you but I recommend their burgers any time of the day. Cooked med well and sooo juicy.....yummy.

So tell us who makes the best burgers where you live. It might be worth the visit. Include pics if possible.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Re: Who Makes The Best Hamburger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I think that most people would agree that the hamburger is the ultimate meal. So many versions to try and yet such a simple recipe; ground meat in a bun.

When travelling, the search for a good hamburger is always a challenge, so who makes the best hamburger where you live.

In Alberta, Canada where I live there is a restaurant chain called Earl's. Their burgers are made from fresh ground sirloin, so I've been told, and their buns made fresh every day. I have no pics to show you but I recommend their burgers any time of the day. Cooked med well and sooo juicy.....yummy.

So tell us who makes the best burgers where you live. It might be worth the visit. Include pics if possible.
    Yep, asking who makes the best burgers is like asking who makes the best Pizza. Everyone will have a different opinion.

I too, LOVE, absolutely LOVE burgers (I also LOVE Pizza!). I eat burgers way too much. I eat them perhaps 4 out of seven days. I never grow tired of them, because, each place's burger tastes a bit different.

That's what is so interesting. A dozen burger joints will all have the same ingredients, burger, lettuce, tomato, perhaps onions ketsup or mustard, cheese, pickles and a bun, but they all taste different with the same ingredients! Pizza has a way of doing that too.

We have too many great burger places to name. For Fast food there's Hardee's / Carl's Jr., There's places around here that have great burgers called, BURGERS AND BREW. Jeeze....there's just too many!

There's a show here in America (on cable & sat) called, BURGER TOWN, where the guys travels America just to taste the areas best burgers! Great show.

Man...I love burgers (and Pizza)!!!

GREAT THREAD!!
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 08-26-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Indiana Bugs's Avatar

Here in the NYC metro area you can't walk down the street without tripping over a place that sells burgers. My list of great burger places would be a mile long.
    'There is a fine line between art and fondling.'
    - JHP

Oh man, I love burgers too (cheeseburgers, specifically!), though in recent years I've really only had a chance to have them at the food truck where I usually get my chips or hot dogs during the summer. When I lived at home years ago my dad would often make burgers on the BBQ or, if the weather was off, grill them inside in the frying pan. This summer I've been meaning to get some burger patties and try my hand at making my own, but so far I haven't gotten around to it.

Mmmm, burgerssssss....

I've been heavily into Jake's Wayback Burgers and Elevation Burger recently.

Keep the thick gut bombs, I like a thin, juicy, crispy burger.

These are perfection, but they make a hell of a lot of smoke. An outdoor kitchen would be ideal.

http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2008/...erfection.html

This one's no less informative and more fun to read.

http://classyfoodmofo.tumblr.com/pos...mash-technique

There's a newish chain called smashburger but I haven't tried it as we don't have one anywhere near here. This is also basically the same method that Steak n Shake uses but the results at home are MUCH better than there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittlemeier View Post
    Keep the thick gut bombs, I like a thin, juicy, crispy burger.

These are perfection, but they make a hell of a lot of smoke. An outdoor kitchen would be ideal.

http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2008/...erfection.html

This one's no less informative and more fun to read.

http://classyfoodmofo.tumblr.com/pos...mash-technique

There's a newish chain called smashburger but I haven't tried it as we don't have one anywhere near here. This is also basically the same method that Steak n Shake uses but the results at home are MUCH better than there.
    Looking forward to trying this out. I agree that the best hamburgers are the simple ones. Juicy, salty, and good carmelization on both sides.

Keep em comin.

I wanted to say that I made these burgers, in fact I just finished my last bite, and they are indeed fantastic. Very simple and VERY tasty and juicy. I have to go change my t-shirt....

Thanks for posting Kittlemeier.

Awesome! Glad you liked them. I haven't made them for anyone yet who didn't love them.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

I can't remember the last time I ate a good burger. They sure don't know how to make good burgers in my country. They can't make it juicy (let alone that it doesn't taste like meat) and the bun is never fresh.
    Last edited by PLATON; 05-19-2014 at 08:02 AM.