If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Exclamation Latest star wars episode 7 news thread

The new STAR WARS film will be shot on film, not digitally.

It won't be filmed in 3-D, but most likley will be converted.

It most likely will also be released in IMAX theaters.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-e...m-not-digital/

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Re: Latest star wars episode 7 news thread

There are rumours that some of the shoot will take place here in northern Ireland...

While it may be difficult to separate fact from rumor I am definitely liking what I am hearing so far...

Now if they could find an unknown actor to ressurect Indy back to the thirties I would be OK with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    There are rumours that some of the shoot will take place here in northern Ireland...
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    While it may be difficult to separate fact from rumor I am definitely liking what I am hearing so far...

Now if they could find an unknown actor to ressurect Indy back to the thirties I would be OK with that too.
    It sounds like they really intend to do it right this time. I have a very good feeling about this new film. I'd also love to see another Indy film...if it also was done the right way.

As 'Episode VII' continues pre-production, Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams have assumed screenwriting duties for the film. Kasdan, who has been serving as a consultant on the film, is a veteran of several classic Lucasfilm productions, writing the screenplay for 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and serving as co-screenwriter for 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi.' Acclaimed director and screenwriter Abrams' credits include 'Super 8,' 'Mission: Impossible III,' 'Fringe,' and 'Lost.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4158684.html

This is probably a good thing. Kasdan of course did a rewrite on what proved to be (arguably) the best SW movie (that being ESB), and we all know he wrote Raiders as well. Of course, depending on where you read, some people consider Kasdan a hack these days who hasn't written a good movie in a long time. Personally, when I read that Kasdan was actually taking part in writing the screenplay, my first thought was "Yay!".

Oooo, I can't wait till production begins. I remember it was always exciting waiting for the first production photos from the OT & PT.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDJ View Post
    This is probably a good thing. Kasdan of course did a rewrite on what proved to be (arguably) the best SW movie (that being ESB), and we all know he wrote Raiders as well. Of course, depending on where you read, some people consider Kasdan a hack these days who hasn't written a good movie in a long time. Personally, when I read that Kasdan was actually taking part in writing the screenplay, my first thought was "Yay!".

Oooo, I can't wait till production begins. I remember it was always exciting waiting for the first production photos from the OT & PT.
    This type of movie is right up his alley. Larry Kasdan works great for LUCASFILM movies, and their films bring out the best in him. It will be awesome. I know it will, and I believe in him.
    Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 10-27-2013 at 04:06 AM.

HARRISON FORD wants to do INDY 5 soooo bad, he's willing to do three STAR WARS movies to get to do Indy again.

This appears to be absolutely true. It's been reported on at least three websites. A possible official announcement may be comming soon. Perhaps as early as October 30th.

Read this!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/h...iating-tactic/

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Crafty old bugger.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Quote Originally Posted by HENRY JONES JR. View Post
    HARRISON FORD wants to do INDY 5 soooo bad, he's willing to do three STAR WARS movies to get to do Indy again.

This appears to be absolutely true. It's been reported on at least three websites. A possible official announcement may be comming soon. Perhaps as early as October 30th.

Read this!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/h...iating-tactic/
    If it's too good to be true, I've found it usually is. However, this still puts a big smile on my face JJ Abrams and Kasdan together - that should really make for a good Star Wars story-line. I never thought I'd say this (as I'm not a big Star Wars fan) but if this is true, I'd actually be EXCITED to see a new Star Wars movie.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast