Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Re: Latest star wars episode 7 news thread

Ram Man, thanks for posting that- my inner geek just exploded.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Just released at Comic Con. Very cool!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=206&v=CTNJ51ghzdY
    You know, I have been consciously avoiding updates for Star Wars 7, but this was absolutely beautiful. Thanks!

It's been a long time since I have anticipated a movie as I have this one!! The prequels were a big disappointment for me and then....Crystal Skull came out....(shudder). Quite frankly I thought the days of good filmmaking had come to an end. The feelings and emotions that have been resurrected by means of these little snippets have me feeling like I'm 12 again. It's unbelievable how incredibly awesome this movie looks...can't wait!!!

Yeah, that was awesome! The look of this film is fantastic. And you can see that everyone involved is loving it too. Love that one shot of Anthony Daniels standing on a set just looking around in wonder. Cannot wait for this. We're coming up on the 5-months-until mark. That's not long, right?

Details about the new TIE fighter (in toy form) released:
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/07...ghter-toy.html

Interestingly, a section of the TIE is red... similar to Threepio's red arm.

I wonder if there is a connection?

Yeah, Entertainment Weekly posited a possible connection in one of their articles last month. Could be a coincidence, but it seems unlikely.

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

STAR WARS 7 TRAILER SCORE 1 & 2 BY JOHN WILLIAMS (WITHOUT DIALOG) (SOME SOUND EFFECTS ARE MUTED, OTHERS ARE NOT)

NOW YOU CAN HEAR WHAT I MENTIONED EARLIER ABOUT TRYING TO HEAR THE ORIGINAL MUSIC UNDER THE DIALOG AND SFX

WILLIAMS STILL IS DOING IT RIGHT!

JUST CLICK AND LISTEN!

Last edited by HENRY JONES JR.; 07-31-2015 at 03:47 AM.

JOHN WILLIAMS' soundtrack is brilliant so far and Williams has topped himself! This according to the below report, and also a well respected horn player who is performing on the score. The horn player, (as reported in the L.A. times) said it's a highlight in his career. The music is new, and fresh, yet it unmistakable STAR WARS!

The article below states " There is no “Imperial March,” but the “First Order March” is very much the “thing” they are recording. Just to elaborate, it is not really called the “First Order March” but the new march is for the First Order sequences in the film (and is not the classic theme associated with Darth Vader we know from the Original Trilogy).

ALSO

"There is also a piece mentioned by multiple sources that is described as a cantilena, an operatic piece, with sustained lyrics dragged out over the melody. This piece is described as one of the most beautiful and emotional pieces of music John Williams have ever written for a Star Wars film"

William Ross (also a good composer) will be conducting much of the score, freeing John Williams to focus on wrting the music over several months. Mr. Ross did the same thing with HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS, as John was worried about scheduling conflicts.

One notable piece that everyone brings up is a jazzy swing/big band number that is supposedly really catchy.

JOHN will be conducting the crucial sequences himself.

Another quote... "The amount of enthusiasm for this music is absurdly high amongst several sources. The people I’ve spoken to are not new to this field or working with composers of Williams’ caliber. When they gush, it is extremely noteworthy. All have said that Williams has nailed the score for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and it is going to be a special collection of music."

READ ABOUT IT BELOW!!!

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/de...awakens-score/

Entertainment Weekly released a slide-show of 12 new images from The Force Awakens today!!!

The cover for this issue is awesome too and will definitely be a keeper:

Last edited by JeffDJ; 08-12-2015 at 07:57 PM.

You beat me to it! I just saw the photos, and of course, I loved them! Finally, we might have a really good STAR WARS film since Return of the Jedi.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast