Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fifthchamber

Re: Disapointed with todd's 2nd mistake!

As I think several of us said last time it happened "mistakes do".......

Todd's not able to get it right every time...Since it's a small team, doing hand done work to get the stuff out...

If you don't feel like using them a third time then don't..But honestly, you'd be missing out on some of the cheapest and best done Indy gear out there...You can pay more and I'm sure you'd get service you feel you deserve....But Todd's is Todd's, and it's worth a lot more than what you pay...

I'd be annoyed, then put it down to a mistake and move past it...Honestly it sounds like much of the issue (after the initial one by Todd) is due to USPS being dicks about delivering it to you after you told them your address.....I know in Japan, they'd get close enough and then call me to double check what house I was at.....It might be that you're vexed about USPS and yelling at Todd instead some? His mistake was the first, but once corrected you still had a load of work to get it back...And that's not on Todd...

Maybe?

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fifthchamber View Post
    As I think several of us said last time it happened "mistakes do".......

Todd's not able to get it right every time...Since it's a small team, doing hand done work to get the stuff out...

If you don't feel like using them a third time then don't..But honestly, you'd be missing out on some of the cheapest and best done Indy gear out there...You can pay more and I'm sure you'd get service you feel you deserve....But Todd's is Todd's, and it's worth a lot more than what you pay...

I'd be annoyed, then put it down to a mistake and move past it...Honestly it sounds like much of the issue (after the initial one by Todd) is due to USPS being dicks about delivering it to you after you told them your address.....I know in Japan, they'd get close enough and then call me to double check what house I was at.....It might be that you're vexed about USPS and yelling at Todd instead some? His mistake was the first, but once corrected you still had a load of work to get it back...And that's not on Todd...

Maybe?
    Nah, don't really have a problem with UPS. By the time I looked into why it hadn't been delivered yet, and notified them, the driver that had the package was no longer in the area, and wouldn't be able to make it back across town to deliver one package when he had deliveries elsewhere, and then had to drop off and pick up items along the way at UPS stores, then get back to the warehouse for processing in the next city over. How was UPS fault?

Even individual sellers on ebay have always gotten my address correctly, and I've bought over 500 items from individual, and small business sellers on ebay. It's not that difficult.

I thought I have made it clear that I like Todd's products. I like them a lot.

fifthchamber

I'm just used to getting better service from the Japanese Postal Service perhaps (They're not THAT great, but they DO call to tell you if they have issues before they try and deliver...)..I couldn't say, but a fair section of the rant seemed aimed at the latter end of the delivery and the pain in the arse it caused...

As for individual sellers, I suspect the issue there is that because they're not sending so many off at a time, they can afford to double check and triple check...Considering the amount of this type of complaint Todd has received, it's clear he does too...But that for some reason yours slipped through this time..Ah well...That's what you get with smaller companies doing it all themselves occasionally.....I think THAT'S the point..

And yep....We know you like the products....I do too...Ordered several times and never had an issue...(Like most of the rest of us...)...You were just unlucky again...

Grizzled Grave Robber HENRY JONES JR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fifthchamber View Post
    I'm just used to getting better service from the Japanese Postal Service perhaps (They're not THAT great, but they DO call to tell you if they have issues before they try and deliver...)..I couldn't say, but a fair section of the rant seemed aimed at the latter end of the delivery and the pain in the arse it caused...

As for individual sellers, I suspect the issue there is that because they're not sending so many off at a time, they can afford to double check and triple check...Considering the amount of this type of complaint Todd has received, it's clear he does too...But that for some reason yours slipped through this time..Ah well...That's what you get with smaller companies doing it all themselves occasionally.....I think THAT'S the point..

And yep....We know you like the products....I do too...Ordered several times and never had an issue...(Like most of the rest of us...)...You were just unlucky again...
    Yep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12