Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Accurate or close enough "Last Crusade" jacket..is it that difficult to produce?

Tony Nowak Originals was able to produce a very nice "Last Crusade" jacket, which I can personally attest to. Magnoli Clothiers supposedly took measurements off the Smithsonian "Last Crusade" jacket in order to produce their version of the jacket which looks great from the pictures I have seen from their website.

Wested Leather, whose founder produced the jackets for the "Last Crusade" movie, doesn't and probably won't offer a pure "Last Crusade" jacket for whatever reason that has been discussed many a times over and on many a message board fan websites.

Magnoli Clothiers, though does produce a replica "Last Crusade' jacket, from what I have read on other message board websites, customers have had issues with communication, quality control of the product and lack of shipping updates and information.

Bill Kelso MFG co has a "Last Crusade" jacket project in their "pipeline" but, has been delayed due other jacket projects taking precedence. Last I heard was hopefully, some time this year.

Logan's Closet was supposed to have a "Last Crusade" jacket in the works but, I haven't hear anything since late last year.

With that being said, why hasn't any other vendor offered an accurate or close enough "Last Crusade" jacket? Is it the pattern or lack thereof available? Is it the leather? Is it the distressing? Would it not be profitable for a vendor to offer the jacket? Is it all of the reasons mentioned?

Would not mind hearing other members opinions and/or facts on the subject.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Re: Accurate or close enough "Last Crusade" jacket..is it that difficult to produce?

For BK it is a matter of using the right leather. Without it can't make an accurate replica. The right leather is not available, though it can be custom made but the costs aren't justified. BK can't foresee what the demand of these jackets will be so are not willing to take the risk.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Accurate or close enough "Last Crusade" jacket..is it that difficult to produce?

What's the correct leather?

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table

I didn't know Magnoli measured the Smithsonian jacket. when did this occur?

There was a member who claimed to have measured accurately and made drawings/tracings of the Smithsonian jacket. He was to send that to Tony Nowak, but for obvious reasons that never happened Dan of Logan's closet however did obtain these measurements etc. He was to produce a Last Crusade jacket based on this. I have no idea of the progress of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IfAdventureHasAName View Post
    why hasn't any other vendor offered an accurate or close enough "Last Crusade" jacket? Is it the pattern or lack thereof available? Is it the leather? Is it the distressing? Would it not be profitable for a vendor to offer the jacket? Is it all of the reasons mentioned?
    "I'm working on it"
    LITERALLY...

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/in...cket%20project

(sorry for the crappy pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Indiego Jones View Post
    "I'm working on it"
    LITERALLY...

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/in...cket%20project

(sorry for the crappy pictures)
    Just from seeing your "crappy" pictures....TAKE MY MONEY NOW. The distressing... Expect an email from me VERY soon concerning purchasing a version of this jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by IfAdventureHasAName View Post
    Just from seeing your "crappy" pictures....TAKE MY MONEY NOW. The distressing... Expect an email from me VERY soon concerning purchasing a version of this jacket.
    Great!
    This prototype is at the wokshop for assembly.
    As you can see, we do the distressing BEFORE sewing...so, no thread is compromised

Once I get the jacket back (very slow motion workshop...) I'll post pictures.

Cheers.-

@Indiego Jones

Do you have any updates on your test LC jacket or photos that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    @Indiego Jones

Do you have any updates on your test LC jacket or photos that you wouldn't mind sharing?
    Yes, look here:
    http://www.fortuneandglory.org/threa...ket-by-S-amp-J

Kind regards.-