Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Help, I am falling asleep, someone call Patterson

Consider the breadth of her own experience with Western. Landis initially worked with the costume house in 1976 while designing the wardrobe for her first movie (1977's "The Kentucky Fried Movie"), later turned to Western Costume's head tailor Ruben Rubalcava to make the prototype for Indiana Jones' costume for"Raiders of the Lost Ark" and was back just a few weeks ago to pick up a re-created pair of"Wizard of Oz" ruby slippers for an upcoming exhibition titled "Hollywood Costume" she helped curate for the Victoria & Albert Museum in London.
    Taken from
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...stume-20120617

Where's the new jacket write-ups?
    Come on guys, I am falling asleep

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

Re: Help, I am falling asleep, someone call Patterson

We have a volunteer to do the write-ups but need help with gathering the information and deciding what we want. The Seat at the Table is meant for those who wanted to help out with the information for the site. I know people have been busy with summer and everything, however I guess we could recruit for a new group for The Seat at the Table. I think you're part of it currently Platon.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Indiana Bugs's Avatar

What specifically needs to be done?
    'There is a fine line between art and fondling.'
    - JHP

He might not be back in name, but he has at least one very obvious 'sock-puppet' just starting out on COW right now. Very transparent stuff. Very amusing!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table crismans's Avatar

He'll be back in his own demented form. Just as soon as they think they can get him back and start the BS express again.
    Out here not knowing a dang thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Anderson View Post
    He might not be back in name, but he has at least one very obvious 'sock-puppet' just starting out on COW right now. Very transparent stuff. Very amusing!
    So much for being permanently and enthusiastically retired from the hobby.

Re: Help, I am falling asleep, someone call Patterson (He might have "returned")

Are we talking about a "Marcus60" from London who joined in September of this year?

Where this "Marcus60's" father worked at Elstree studios as a grip duirng the time "the first two films" were being shot. Supposedly his father didn't work on the films per say but, knew many who did including....wait for it...a Mr. Ian Higgenbotham who this "Marcus60" had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to.

Where this "Marcus60" states that the main gear narratives to "be most accurate according to Mr. Higgenbotham's reviews." And "No more so than in reference to the many false claims around the jacket that one finds on similar forums."

Where this "Marcus60" was "inquiring" about the whereabout of "Patterson" since what Mr. Higgenbotham has "told him about him" and that Mr. Higgenbotham has given "Marcus60" "Patterson's"...Amblin Dreamworks contact information?

If I recall, "FATterson" LOVED to use Higgenbotham's name to "name drop" on a consistent basis...even though he consistently MISSPELLED Higgenbotham's name. Strange coincidence? UH...no.

And in "Marcus60's" member "introduction thread"..certain admins/moderators were quick to "welcome" him but, yet where quick to "cover themselves" and state that you cannot name former members when "Marcus60" named dropped "Patterson's " name.

Where this "Marcus" supposedly said he heard from...ahem..."very reliable sources" that Mr. Terry Leonard did have a "hero" jacket for many years and ONLY returned when "someone" eventually noticed it and requested it' s return?

The same "Marcus60" who also states that he had the pleasure of holding a swatch of leather that was supposed have been used for TWO of the "Hero" jackets made for Raiders of the Lost Ark?. Where he also goes to say he very familiar with leather and would not call it thin. And that the gentlemen who supposedly has the samples referred to the leather as "3.5 cape leather"? And "Marcus60" believes it is a medium-heavy leather.

Surprised "Marcus60" didn't mention that everyone was "smoking rope" and that, after meeting with someone for a meal at an "upper end" restaurant in New York, whom this person was have to design the original jacket, stated the leather was "calfskin".

And, to top it off, "Marcus60" doesn't know who "Tony" is. But, a certain non-administrator/moderatior was quick to answer whom "Tony" is.

And when a member questioned "Marcus60" about the validity of his information concerning the jacket leather, the same certain non-administrator/moderator was also as quick to "come to the defense" of "Marcus60" by referring the questioning member to "Marcus60's" member introduction thread.

Either this guy is a "sock puppet" or "FATterson" has returned to COW under a new "handle". After reading the threads and replies....I tend to believe "FATTerson" has indeed returned under a new handle.

Calling this "Marcus60" member how I see it...BS. EVERYONE saw this coming and was expecting it sooner or later. Guess "the powers that be" thought enough time has passed for "FATterson's " return.

Gather around everyone...THE CIRCUS HAS RETURNED TO TOWN.
    Last edited by IfAdventureHasAName; 10-04-2012 at 03:06 AM.

This is funny shit!

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table djd's Avatar

Brilliant. Let's see just how stupid the membership are shall we?

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

ha ha, the only difference between Marcus and Patterson is that Marcus will present evidence of all the things he says. Wait and see...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast