If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

28th year anniversary whip!

I have now finally completed all the main gear. Well, without the gun anyway.

1. jacket...check
    2. fedora...check
    3. pants...check
    4. shirt...check
    5. boots...check
    6. gun belt...check
    7. web belt...check
    8. holster..check
    9. grey underwear...check
    10. bag...check
    11. bag strap...check
    12. whip holder...check
    13. dark brown dress wool socks...check
    14. vintage belt buckle...check

and in three weeks.....
    15. Joe Strain 28th anniversary Raiders Whip...almost check

Re: 28th year anniversary whip!

You've probably done this already somewhere, but I'd be interested to know exactly what gear you've chosen for each (i.e. Pants - Wested, etc). How long has it taken you to acquire all of your gear? Is this gear that you like or were you going for SA in choosing this for a collection/display? You've got me enticed Neutronbomb and a very hearty congratulations to you on your near complete collection of main gear. Looking forward to any pics that you may have already or will be taking here in the near future.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table K-Wad's Avatar

Congrats!
    Joe's whips are outstanding and you will not be disappointed!
    What length did you choose?

Thank you. 10 ft.

Yeah, I'll do a thread in the show your gear section to discuss more. But, I went for what I could get to wear and that was available and as SA as I could find or manage. Took like 3 years. And to think all I wanted was a jacket.

Here it is!

It gets a bit darker toward the point but that is normal and the color will even out as the plaiting soap dries.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Haha. Sweet. Can't WAIT to get it in my greedy hands.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Ooh. I'm very envious. One of these days if I get a whip, it will be one of those babies.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

It's the final piece. I had to go raiders all the way, but the dark CS one looks pretty gorgeous I have to say.

Oh man, I want a Strain so bad. Problem is (aside from the money, ahem), I can't decide if I'd want the 28th, or a ToD-style (since what little SA-ish stuff I have is ToD)

Ok. The whip arrived. I didn't expect to feel so damn excited. Brought back an old, old memory. I saw Raiders in a small town farming community movie theatre. Or as I grew up knowing it. Thee-Ate-Ter. What I was most taken by was the whip. It was the coolest. Soon after seeing Raiders I was at an uncle's farm/junkyard and found an old vacuum cleaner. It had this really long gray cord which I cut off from the vacuum using my red swiss army knife. I also cut off the plug portion, used the knife to trim one end to a point, and then wrapped the other end around my hand a couple of times. Waalaa.....my first whip. For a few weeks or so I marched around being a little bad ass putting welts all over my arms and legs trying to "whip" things like fence posts and pepsi cans.

I'm off to try crackin' it for the first time after watching the 4 demonstration videos Joe sent me. Holding the whip for the first time I was surprised by the fantastic smell of the leather. Super rich. It's pretty neat holding the whip and feeling the energy in it. Hard, tight, and like a coiled spring. I never would have thought all those years ago that one day I would actually own the real deal exactly like Indy has from Raiders whip. What fun! I'm going to have to go and have another "talk" with that pepsi can.

Joe already posted a pic of what it looks like and there's probably photos all over the internet of his 28th anniversary ROTLA whips, but I'll get some photos posted with my now complete gear set once I'm able to get the wife to stop rolling her eyes and take some pics in a day or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast