If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Let's see your Bill Kelso MFG "Relic Hunter" jackets

I've been so impressed with every Relic Hunter I've seen, I decided to take the dive and ordered one in Goat Seal (wanted a heavier jacket to use as an adventuring/camping jacket). Was told it should be done in about a month!

Nice!! Can't wait for you to get it. Did you go for the standard sizing or did you order it custom?

I went with OTR sizing. I normally wear a size 46, but I emailed them to be sure, and found out that their size 44 is the exact measurements that I wanted. This should also motivate me to lose some more weight, haha.

Here's a few pics of my goat Relic Hunter.

Gusset shot:

Close up of that tasty-smelling leather; lots of character waiting to come out here!

A full review with lots of pictures will be given soon, but for now, I have to say that this is pretty lightweight for goatskin! Once the break-in period is done, it should look outstanding. It was a little stiff when I first got it, but it's far more pliable now. Until I get it to my perfect break-in level though, it's getting crumpled and dropped everywhere.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar

I noticed the zipper looks like it is about an 1" below the jackets right side collar stand. Wondering if this was a request. Don't get me wrong, I know of one good film photo that shows this so it's still screen accurate

Last edited by neutronbomb; 05-25-2016 at 08:33 PM.

It seems to be a trick of the light or the angle. I just measured the gap between the zipper and the collar stand, and it's about 0.55 inches. My favorite Raiders jacket is the Imam, and these seems to match it almost perfectly. (This is the Cairo RH, btw.)

MY SL BK after a wash:

Have one in goat on order but had to pay an extra 50 pounds for the needed back length of 28 inches. Andy said they have to design a new back pattern as it was longer than the already cut design.....

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314