If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Best whiskey you ever tasted

I hear you

fifthchamber

Re: Best whiskey you ever tasted

Macallan 18 Year Old Sherry Oak casked....

The most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of drinking...Albeit only due to my friend (the son of the man who invented the Gatling gun), being affluent enough to offer us all rounds and cigars one night out in Roppongi with my girlfriend...

Thanks for that Lance! Still much appreciated!

Lately I have had an affinity for Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Bourbon. Smoooooth!

Quote Originally Posted by fifthchamber View Post
    Macallan 18 Year Old Sherry Oak casked....

The most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of drinking...Albeit only due to my friend (the son of the man who invented the Gatling gun), being affluent enough to offer us all rounds and cigars one night out in Roppongi with my girlfriend...

Thanks for that Lance! Still much appreciated!
    This is a cool anecdote and the best way to remember a drink; by the accompanying experience. I think that's why I have yet to be floored by any especially high end whisky(key). I can honestly say that when I want whiskey, given my choice of anything in the world, I'll ask for Bushmills. And I think it's possible that I don't have an experience surrounding a particularly "good" scotch or bourbon - just a handful of glasses purchased or purchased for me on a whim.

HOWEVER -

There is this: http://www.rebeccacreekwhiskey.com/verify.html
    I had my first taste at my favorite bar, again, just on a whim. I liked it a good deal and bought a bottle. It has the personal appeal of being made just up the way from me ( after hearing all the Southeastern Americans, Scots, and Irish carry on about such-and-such a distillery being close to where they live...).
    Honestly, since I bought the bottle, i've poured for friends but have yet to drink from it myself. It may seem a little silly, considering it's only a $40 bottle, but I'm saving my next taste for "the occasion". I think that's how I'll remember it as the best I ever tasted.
    Nothin' more foolish than a man chasin' his hat.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Hard to pin down the best. I recently returned from a long vacation at the Oregon Coast. I picked up a bottle of Cutty Sark. I've enjoyed it before many times, but this time, in front of a campfire on the beach, it was so much better!

Weston

Pappy Van Winkle, no doubt.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table neutronbomb's Avatar
    Over labor day I had the Buena Vista in San Fran's famous Irish Coffee. Kudos to anyone who knows their world famous recipe.

Popcorn Sutton Tennessee White Whiskey. That's some good sippin' corn likker.

Artifact Aficionado Knight of the Round Table

Mine is the Glenfiddich Single Malt Havana Reserve 21 years old
    This is whiskey that matured in oak barrels that were previously used for rum.
    You can't imagine what I am talking about....

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

I'm a big fan of regular Glenfiddich. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast