Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Thor! (the movie)

I don't know why exactly, maybe it's my Norwegian heritage, but I absolutely love this movie! I actually expected it to be subpar, and only watched it because I wanted to be up to speed before "Avengers" hit the big screen. I was more than pleasantly suprised by how well done this movie was.

First off, I'll say right now that I'm a sucker for anything Anthony Hopkins lends his considerable presence to. That, and Kenneth Branagh, one of my favorite Shakesperean actors turned director. One thing I know I enjoyed about it is that the movie does not feel rushed, as so many summertime superhero action movies do. It takes enough time to tell the story without bogging down. All and all, I have found this to be one of my favorite superhero movies.

The funny thing is, I expected to be underwhelmed by this movie, and was completely blown away. I don't expect the rest of you to agree, but I for one was pleasantly surprised by this movie, and it's worth checking out.

fifthchamber

Re: Thor! (the movie)

I agree totally...

Lovely movie....Perhaps the only complaint I could have is that Asgard was SO incredible it didn't look "real"...But then, that's the whole bloody point! So even my complaint is praise for how well it works....

The acting was great, well locked into the characters, and well directed..As you say, no "rush" at all..Just allowed to play out...And the characters worked well....I'd have liked to have seen a little closer "grouping" between the warriors? But even that is just pushing around searching for a thing to moan about....It was a pleasure to watch....

It's films like that, Cap. and Avengers that make me glad to be a comics geek....Spiderman will be the same, I'm sure of it...Batman shortly after it looks stunning, and Wolverine sometime next year perhaps? As long as they keep the trend going of expecting decent storylines, well-knit characters, and great scripts/acting, we'll be WELL happy...

Agreed 100%....Lovely stuff.