Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dark Tower

Sultan of Shovels Knight of the Round Table Weston's Avatar

Re: The Dark Tower

I'm actually down to the final book in the series. I haven't started it yet, but it will be one of my summer reads.

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

Admin Edit (neutronbomb)

I sincerely apologize to gunslinger. I am traveling and trying to do everything on my iPhone. I thought I hit the reply button. However, this is not what happened. I somehow executed an edit function and lost Gunslingers post.

What gunslingers post contained was essentially that he was rereading the series and was halfway through the last book. And that he had not yet read the shining book or film and was therefore going to hold off in reading the link I provided.

This was my reply:
    If you are rereading the dark Tower series. Then, I believe you would be very interested in what that article has to say regarding Stephen King's character development and themes throughout all his novels. Especially, in regards to the difference directors bring in developing the characters for the film adaptations.

I believe, that it is directly relevant into understanding the dark Tower series and the character of the gunslinger. So, you may find reading the shining and then watching the film very rewarding. Not to mention, both are considered cult classics and one of Jack nicholson's defining roles.
    Sorry everyone. I've never make this mistake before and feel terrible.

-neuronbomb
    Last edited by neutronbomb; 07-10-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Grizzled Grave Robber Knight of the Round Table Gunslinger's Avatar

It's really no problem, mate.

But that sounds really interesting. I will grab a copy of the Shining and make it my next read.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~ Jake Chambers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12